Tuesday, October 24, 2017

QU Fall Event featuring David Taylor

David Taylor is an award winning Quilt artist specializing in portrait quilts. Quilters Unlimited of Northern VA was honored to have David as our Fall Event 2017 Lecture Presentor on Thursday October 19th. Seeing his work up close was awe inspiring. His talent - like his personality, is truly captivating!

David Taylor's Lecture was very engaging. I heard quite a bit of related laughter from the audience as David spoke of his fabric obsession. There were also many "gasps of Awe" as he shared magnificent pictures of his work.

His workshop on Friday, October 20th was very educational. He shared his creative process with our members as well as many of his tips and techniques. He left our students inspired and eager to apply his methods to their own work.


See more of David's stunning work on his website here: David Taylor's Website.
David will also be teaching at QUILT FESTIVAL in Houston, November 2-5.

Our Centreville chapter had the honor of hosting this amazing event! I'd like to thank all of my CQU chapter sisters for their volunteer efforts that helped to make this Fall Event a huge success!

every quilt tells a story...

14 comments:

  1. Wow - looks like some amazing stuff! I may need to join your guild!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe! Simply incredible to me how people can do that with fabric. I'm lucky to just make points match. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe of his talent, but better yet are all the wonderful comments I have heard from friends who have taken his classes. I wish I could be there!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like inspiring talent indeed, beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. His work is captivating. Your guilds are so active. How lucky for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. His quilts are truly art - such a huge talent...you are so fortunate to belong to the guilds in your area...what an active and creative atmosphere!
    (Our son has the same name as your guest lecturer and he has done professional landscape photography for quite a while...I always tell him he has an artistic kindred spirit:-) )

    ReplyDelete
  7. His quilts are amazing and he is funny and informative. I would love to take a workshop from him just learn his process of quilt making.
    Congratulations on heading up this event for your guild!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw David at a lecture during the Grand Rapids AQS show and he is a hoot. His work is amazing, too. It would be fun to take a class with him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have spent many an hour working on capturing bird photos and posting them on my blog but translating them to art and fabric is beyond me :) I will check out the link / thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is truly a fabric artist! Amazing what he does!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful quilts! thanks for sharing I have never heard of this quilt artist so nice to see

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic quilt.It`s the first time I heard about this artist.Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...