Monday, October 16, 2017

Exciting Lecture, Trunk Show & Workshop event by Barb Vedder

When the Vice President of my guild Centreville Quilter's Unlimited, informed us she booked Barb Vedder as a Guest Speaker for our October meeting - I was beyond the Moon excited!
I'm an avid reader and huge fan of Barb's blog: FUN WITH BARB.

She provided a Lecture and Trunk Show presentation to my guild this past Thursday evening October 12th. What a treat to see some of her amazing quilts up close and in person.




The next day was Friday the 13th. How appropriate that Barb taught us an English Paper Piecing workshop/class titled "Hex Vex".




Here are a couple of close ups showing Barbs Halloween table runner and her amazing Hex Vex quilt:


For those unfamiliar with Barb Vedder - she is a nationally known lecturer, and award winning Applique' Quilter. Barb is also funny, fun, personable and very down to Earth.

Although we had never met in person before, I've considered her a blogging friend. And now that I had the priviledge of spending a few days with her, I am blessed to have walked away from this experience with a new and special friend!

If you are looking for a Guest Speaker for your Guild or Quilting event, I highly recommend that you consider Barb Vedder. Our quilt chapter really enjoyed her Program and Workshop and are still chatting excitedly about her visit. You can find information about her Lectures & Worskshops on her blog HERE.

every quilt tells a story.....

17 comments:

  1. Great to see your post - and Barb’s trunk show/lecture and workshop look wonderful! Have sent along the info and links to our own guild program chairpeople as a future possibility. You were so kind to share info about Dawn, Collector With A Needle whom we got to visit our guild last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful, how exciting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lucky you! I am hoping to get her to Maine too. I can't wait to see her this weekend at the AQSG seminar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great time you must have had. She actually started following my blog around the time I was doing Beyond the Cherry Trees, so I now feel even more honored. I am going to look her up and suggest her to our guild. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Would love to hear her talk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOW EXCITING !!! Looks like a good time had by all ! Her work is Amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful that you got to meet and that your guild had the opportunity to be inspired by Barb. Super nice for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had such a wonderful visit with you too! It was such a gift to get to know you and find out we are kindred spirits. Your guild is wonderful and welcoming! What a nice and talented group of women!
    Miss you already! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful and inspiring!
    Beautiful quilts, fun workshop, new friends.... all things that make a girl happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so lucky to meet Barb in real life and see her quilt AND take a class! I am green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read Barb's blog so how fun to see that you two met up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you met Barb. Two peas in a pod!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a wonderful time for all, thank you for sharing your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks you had great time.There are so beuatiful projects.Thanks for sharing pics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just popped in from Barb's blog. I have known Barb via her blog for a few years and would love to see her presentation, learn from her, and spend time with her!
    I am a new follower and look forward to getting to know you, too.
    Your Modern DJ is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been lobbying for my guild to book Barb for a couple of years. Looks like they better do it immediately because she's going to be a busy lady. I love her quilts and she has such an engaging personality. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...