Monday, March 27, 2017

A wonderfully busy month of Classes & Activities...


My March schedule certainly came in like a Lion...
Classes, Lectures and Workshops - Oh My!
I taught several classes at Suzzie's - 2 sessions were Crazy Quick Cathedral Windows. The project is completely sewn by machine. (below is a student at work)



Once you get the hang of this technique, you can create a pillow or table topper in under 2 hours. The pillow shown above is using the same technique but reversing the fabrics for a "negative" or orange peel effect. I love to see the diversity of fabrics my students choose - such fun variations. (more work in progress below)


And a few finishes....









I would like to thank the Fairfax Chapter of Quilter's Unlimited for inviting me on Thursday March 23 and Friday March 24th to provide a Lecture presentation and 2 days of applique' workshop classes! This is such an inviting, creative and fun group of quilter's.

One of their members Ann Clare attended my workshop last year at another chapter's meeting and she was kind enough to share a picture of the beautiful quilt she made from her blocks. Ann also added the addition of sweet Yo-yo's to her flower baskets. It turned out beautiful!





Next up will be a Reverse Applique' 101 class.
I'm teaching this at Oh Sew Persnickety on April 10th.
I'm very excited about this beginner friendly "easier" form of needle turn applique.

This is the only class I will be able to teach in April.
I will be off on an amazing adventure with a few of my quilting friends later in the month. (I'll share more on this at a later time)

Still a few more fun events & special projects lined up for this week.
March will remain wonderfully busy with activities right thru the 31st.
I hope you are also enjoying a Happy & Productive month of March!

every quilt tells a story....

16 comments:

  1. I love the cathedral windows! I planned to make a bed quilt back in the 1970's but never got further than a pillow top--lol! Guess I need to learn the quick technique if I decide to try it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried Cathedral Windows. Your pillow is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE to take your Cathedral Window class. I have never done one on the machine and it intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pillow looks wonderful.
    Nice works from your students.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been and continue to be very busy. All of the classes sound fun but I really love the cathedral windows. All of the students did a great job and I especially like the version with the four-patch inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of pretty fabric choices for the windows and that bunny is so sweet! You sound like you will be ready for your mystery break!

    ReplyDelete
  7. After seeing those cathedral windows, it makes me want to do something like that. How fun it would be to be close to you and be able to take a class or two from you. Thank you for sharing. Everything is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The variety of flavors of fabrics used for the Cathedral Windows certainly changes the look. I like the one with the pieced centers. I learned a machine method quite some time ago but don't really remember much about it now.
    You have been busy teaching. I used to do a little teaching myself but with working a full time job, could not do a lot of it. And haven't done it in quite a while. I still like to learn but mostly teach myself nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only done Cathedral Windows all by hand--this looks like an interesting method... your pillow is lovely hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like so much fun lovely to see the different fabrics and effects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of the first quilts I ever made was a small cathedral window, of course, done by hand. I would have loved to have taken your class and learned the faster method. You have had a busy month. Hopefully, April will give you some time to plan for your adventure. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh to attend your appliqué class--I so want to learn appliqué Have tried needle turn appliqué (unsuccessfully). Beautiful quilts coming from your students

    ReplyDelete
  13. your CW is fabulous! I too have only done them by hand.
    Love the grey and peacy red combination.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning blocks. I have only done pincushion with this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great classes-I wish I lived in your area. The cathedral window pattern is so pretty and has so many possibilities. Have fun on your amazing adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to make a cathedral windows pillow and those bunny's are just adorable ! Looks like your students were having lots of fun !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...