Friday, February 3, 2017

Final Stonefield blocks for Month 1

I was able to eek out the last 5 blocks of my Stonefields before the month ended.
A head cold this week has delayed me from posting them here until now.
You can click on any pictures to enlarge them if you wish.



THE ORANGE PEEL



WILLIE'S BIRTHDAY

The last block I created is perhaps the most endearing block I will make for this quilt. It is dedicated to my precious grandson Alex. He recently turned 6 years old.

He was very excited to turn 6 and kept telling me he's waited a very long time for this birthday. When I asked him what made turning 6 so special his reply was simple... "I can finally join the Boy Scouts".
This is for my sweet Alex...soon to be a Cub/Boy Scout.


POSY POT

On a different note - I'm going to be teaching a class soon on Reverse Applique'.
Below is a Shop sample I created of the project that Students will be working on.
This is the same needle turn method I use to create my Dutch Treat blocks.
(I think this will become a Spring Pillow for my favorite sofa)

every quilt tells a story.....

26 comments:

  1. those are cute blocks, I have at times thought to make this quilt but I have so many others to do and that I have marked in books that I'm just not going to!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are so charming--especially the sweet one for your Grandson! I love the Stonefields pattern, but it's a bit beyond my pay grade--lol! I hope your class goes great--the model is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all and the bunnies! :) Also the Dutch Treats in the previous post and the beautiful botanical block. Happy Birthday to the little one; they grow so fast, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blocks--I love Alex's block--great fabric choices--and the reverse bunnies are adorable--all so nice...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Doreen they're sooo cute ! Keep going, dear !

    In stitches,
    NADINE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these blocks. And what a sweet story about your grandson. Love the reverse rabbits. Have fun with the class. Wish I could go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous blocks but now I must say that Posy Pot is very special, indeed. Happy Birthday to Alex and I am so happy that he wants to join Boy Scouts. Please encourage him to go all the way...I'm the proud Mom of an Eagle Scout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to Alex! I am sure he will be proud his Grandma made his name in one of her blocks!
    Lovely Needle turn rabbits, it will make a cute Spring cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blocks and fabrics !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jejeje, SOn monisimos!!!!
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness would love to be in your class on reverse applique! Just love the bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet 30's fabrics and a sweet story to go along with the boy and his flag print. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet 30's fabrics and a sweet story to go along with the boy and his flag print. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always find the most beautiful projects to work on. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is going to be a sweet quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful blocks, Doreen. That boy scout block is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The fabrics you are using in your Fieldstone quilt are beautiful--so bright and cheerful--sleeping under that quilt would be sure to bring sweet dreams

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my! you have got a way with fabrics! Your stonefields blocks are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Stonefields block are absolutely fabulous! Such a special block for your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope you are feeling better by now! Thanks for sharing all these gorgeous blocks, I ooohed and ahhhed over each one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, how do you get those curves so smooth! Your work is immaculate. What a sweet boy and sweet tribute from grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy 6th birthday to Alex ! I can not believe he is 6 already .
    Love all of your blocks

    Feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such beautiful blocks! You do inspiring work!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your stonefields block, cute reverse Applique blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...