Friday, January 6, 2017

Stitching away.... and Show & Tell

The new Shenandoah Valley Botanical block was announced this week HERE.
I am currently working on my "pink" version as shown above.
Happy to say I'm a bit further along since taking this picture on Tuesday.

I received a very beautiful surprise in the mail for Christmas.
It was a small applique' quilt made by Karen Beigh aka Log Cabin Quilter.
Karen even added a sleeve to the back for hanging.
I dearly love this gorgeous quilt and will cherish it always!

I'm excited to share a NEW quilt project that I'm starting in 2017.
It is called The Stonefields Quilt by Susan Smith.

Gay Boomer of Sentimental Stitches is offering this as a Block of the Month program and also as a FULL pattern set on her website found HERE

Deciding on this project was easy - choosing fabrics took a while.
I kept going back and forth between 2 different genres/themes.
Finally, I let the quilt "speak to me" as I studied the blocks. I will begin my Stonefields quilt very soon and look forward to sharing my journey with you.

every quilt tells a story....

15 comments:

  1. It will be fun to see your Stonefields work. That was very tempting to me as I'd watched a few bloggers in Europe work on it when it first came out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful start indeed! And I can't believe you are embarking on yet another very ambitious project! I do love that one and have been tempted, but I think I will be content in watching your progress. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree this one is tempting, have been watching others make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful new start. I'm looking forward to your progress.
    Your applique block looks great as always.
    Happy Weekend, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet angel and a thoughtful gift. Love your wreath, it's coming right along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your block and what a precious gift from Karen. I am always amazed at her stitching.

    I look forward to following your progress on The Stonefields Quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty block. I love all the Stonefields quilts that I've seen in blogland. I'll enjoy watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful applique work on your block! I love to do it but I am not very good at it. The Stonefield was a hype in the Netherlands a few year's ago! Half of quilting Holland was working on it. It is a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow....you must have a lot of time on your hands or maybe you just know how to manage your time well. I am impressed. It will be a joy watching your journey on this quilt. I always admire everything you work on. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was soooo tempted to do the Stonefields quilt too--it's just gorgeous! I'm looking forward to seeing yours come together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stonefields is yet one more stunning project to tempt! Will enjoy watching yours grow - it has been so nice seeing your SVBAQAL blocks each month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I looks like many of us have been tempted by this beautiful pattern. You continue to make awesome progress on your other long term quilts. You do such lovely work. Karen's quilt is super sweet. What a delightful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like a beauty of a project and I was tempted but I settled on Mary Brown instead...if she does Rowdy Flat though....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw the Stonefields quilt on Gay Boomers site too and loved it! Perfect for you ;0) Love the little quilt by Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your work is always so inspiring....gorgeous blocks. I adore your new 2017 quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...