Thursday, December 1, 2016

November Round Up


SONGBIRD


SCONCE

Below are the Dutch Treat blocks I completed in November.
This brings my total to 110 completed blocks and just 86 blocks to finish.

I've made a little more progress on the Blue & Cream gift quilt.
Yesterday, I stitched a dozen pieced Indian Hatchet blocks.
Today I will focus on finishing the remaining 64 units.

Here is a sneak peek at the start of the 16" center applique' block.
There are a lot more pieces to go, but progress just the same.

Today is December 1st, which means the reveal of the December block pick for the SVBAQ Sew Along. The Peony block was chosen and here is my version.

To see the original block that Esther created in 1858 click HERE.
I'm looking forward to the mid-month Show & Tell.
I love seeing all the beautiful interpretations of these botanical blocks!

Wishing you a wonderful start to December!

15 comments:

  1. more than half way on your quilt blocks - neat! look forward to seeing it when you have it complete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on your blocks.
    I love your peony block, another stunner.
    The gift quilt is beautiful, what a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so prolific. I need to take some lessons from you. As usual, all things are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful progress on your Dutch Treat blocks! I love the songbird block. Such lovely colors for your gift quilt and the Peony block is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful progress on your project.
    Best wishes Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bird and the sconce. Your version of the Peony block is once again sensational. I had a bit of trouble with those little leaves in a 10" block, but it looks pretty good from across the room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many wonderful blocks. I absolutely LOVE the sconce. You are over half way of the Dutch Treat quilt. I think I'm going to miss those posts when all the blocks are finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little Snowbird is SO cute. You have made such wonderful progress on your Dutch Treat, just look how full your picture is WOW! Congratulations ! Your Peony Block is STUNNING !!!

    The Blue and Cream cream gift quilt is going to be gorgeous and center block is beautiful . Love your choice of fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Dutch treat blocks are just super sweet!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That little bird is adorable. You always make such great progress on your on going projects!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bird block is my favorite this go round. Very sweet looking.
    Love the peony block done in your reds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful progress on your Dutch Treats - a lovely bird!! The red and white print in the peony vase really gives this wonderful block an extra sparkle - well done!!! Beautiful applique.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Question for you. I know that you purchased French General fabrics for the Shenandoah quilt. I never find a green in the French General fabrics. Is your stem and leaf fabric from French General or some other line of fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  14. That little songbird is so cute ; all the blocks are lovely and that peony ! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just had my Dutch Treat book out this morning to drool over the blocks. I have 2 applique projects going this winter but hopefully they will both be completed by summer. Will Dutch Treat be the next hand project? I just don't know, for now I just enjoy watching your blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...