Thursday, November 3, 2016

And sew it begins....All in Blue

I have been asked to make a quilt all in Blue.
It is for someone I've never met, but is highly regarded by someone I love.
I can't share more about this person until the quilt has been delivered.
But I can tell you that the quilt will consist of 117 different fabrics in shades of Blues & Creams. The variety made possible thru the use of 5 different blue themed charm packs and several batik and background fabrics.

Rather than use a traditional pattern, I've opted to make this quilt using a few of my favorite design elements. This will allow me to personalize the quilt for it's recipient. I find Beauty in Simplicity so I will have this reflected in the quilt as well. I've chosen 2 fairly simply block designs, in addition to a central applique' block.

First up - 144 Hourglass blocks.
I will be working on these at my retreat this weekend.
One done, 143 more to go....

Happy Stitching!

19 comments:

  1. Aren't you a sweetie! Always up for a challenge! There's no doubt in my mind, the quilt will be gorgeous! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be fabulous and treasured by the recipient! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that there is so much beauty in simplicity...can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with all three comments, Doreen!! Love your colors and print fabric...always have loved working with small prints. Look forward to seeing finished project!

    I am a lucky recipent of a few of your creations and treasure them. They are in view in my sewing room!!

    Hug's, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, lucky recipient! This is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite quilts are scrappy blues--can't wait to see this one finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to the finish quilt.
    The fabrics looks wonderful.
    Have a nice weekend, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  8. This will be a stunner for the lucky person, so looking forward to your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A blue and cream quilt will be beautiful for some very lucky person. You were able to choose some great charm packs. Have fun on your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see it! Have a fun week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky, lucky person. Cannot wait to see what you design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what fun we'll have watching progress on this secret project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is going to be a GORGEOUS quilt Doreen ! Your choice of fabrics are beautiful.
    How sweet of you to make this quilt

    Have fun at the retreat !

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know for a fact that this quilt will be gorgeous. I have been thinking of doing something in indigo blue myself. Can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love blue so I already know that I am going to love this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Quilts with lots of fabrics are fabulous! Your blue choices look great, enjoy and thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How exciting I love blue quilts. Thank you for sharing and have fun at your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Going to be a beautiful color combination - looking forward to watching this unfold....

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have no doubt that this will be a beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...