Monday, October 24, 2016

More Fall Treats for October


MUMS


FAN

I'm sure Judy meant Ceiling fan when she drew up the block above, but I'm going to claim it for Football. The games are a serious armchair activity at our house on Sundays. It's often a day of bonding and comradery for my husband and 5 year old grandson. It is also my day to sit and stitch - stopping for an occasional "Hi Five", Fist bump or hug from little Alex. The little scroll work in the middle of this block could represent any one of those sweet little gestures.

I've also been collecting the "Let it Snow" block patterns this year by Buttermilk Basin. Nearly all of the blocks are prepped and ready to add the final embellishments. I'm taking this project to my Quilt Retreat next week, hoping to finish it there.

I'm determined to complete this little quilt before the first Snowflake falls.

every quilt tells a story...

14 comments:

  1. Your Let it Snow quilt tells a happy story! Also your 2 dutch treat blocks are so pretty. that batik you chose is doing an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Football plays a pretty big roll in our house on Sundays as well. Although we have been away almost every weekend so far. That also means not much stitching going on.

    I love the Buttermilk Basin projects. The quilt retreat sounds like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Dutch treat blocks loving your let it snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Dutch Treat quilt will be beautiful. Love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just so talented. Love all your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Dutch treats and Beautiful and those Let it Snow blocks look like alot of fun !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks continue to be a treat to see. The Let It Snow blocks look great on a light bsckground. Hope the snowfall waits for your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems like everyone but me is going to or has just recently been to a quilt retreat. I have not been to one in many, many years. Always had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Dutch Treat is growing fast, love your blocks. Let it snow looks very nice, is it wool? It's going to be a very special quilt, Looking forward seeing it finished. Have a great time at your retreat. And thank you for sharing your work, I love visiting your blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your imagination...armchairs :) Your Let it Snow is beautiful! I have a few of those blocks to finish and I am excited to see what she releases Friday! Hopefully we still have quite awhile before that snow flies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Let It Snow blocks--they remind me of a vintage postcard--very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your Let It Snow blocks very much.
    Your DT blocks wonderful as always.
    Have a wonderful week, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Let it Snow has an awesome beginning-love your color choices

    ReplyDelete
  14. The treats are always a pleasure to see and the snowman blocks are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...