Sunday, October 16, 2016

Another Quilting Adventure....


SALT and PEPPER

This block really spoke to me last week as I reflected on and prayed for the victims of Hurricane Matthew. The storm caused such devastation to so many people.

HURRICANE

On Friday I had the pleasure of attending a very special Quilt Exhibit with dear friends at the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley. Pictures were not permitted - but the exhibit was truly an amazing collection of Art quilts that depict significant stories of African American history! If you live in Virginia or plan on visiting within the next couple months - I HIGHLY recommend you take in this amazing collection of quilts!

It's mid-October - that means it's Show & Tell time over at the SVBAQ Sew Along blog.
There are a LOT of beautiful block pictures posted.
You can find them all by clicking HERE

every quilt tells a story....

16 comments:

  1. those are neat blocks - I never made those two - they are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Dutch treat blocks are very unique designs. Am I right in thinking that the pattern maker got the designs from looking at dutch tiles? So many interesting blocks. And your colors relate to dutch delft work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are getting more and more intricate. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Dutch Treat quilt graft in the side bar is getting fuller!! More lovely additions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your DT blocks are wonderful as always.
    Best wishes Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks are gorgeous as usual and I agree that my thoughts have been with all the southern states that have been affected by Matthew. We were busy at my guild on Saturday making quilts to send down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous blocks and a great challenge!!.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having lived in a city which was flooded, my heart goes out to the people affected my the floods caused by Matthew. The exhibit sounds like it was a good one

    ReplyDelete
  9. More lovely blocks ; that hurricane is not even done with its' horrible damage in NC :(

    I will check out your link :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the blocks, as usual, perfect piecing.

    We dodged a bullet here in south Florida with Hurricane Matthew only skirting our coast. I pray for Haiti, Cuba, the Bahamas and our own Carolinas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's funny how things seem to talk to us at certain times. I saw the sign, And Still We Rise, in the background. I think that was Maya Angela's poem....sure miss her. She was such a wise woman.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I hadn't read salt and pepper, I don't think I would have thought of the design being that. But it really does give the viewer that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blocks are getting prettier and prettier. They are going to make one gorgeous quilt! XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. How apt to make the hurricane block at this time, your blocks are beautiful and the key on the sidebar sure is getting full of those beauties, huh? Great progress!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...