Thursday, May 12, 2016

Double Take on Bouquet's & Colorado bound

This is my Red & Taupe version Bouquet block for the Shenandoah Valley Botanical Album. And below is a modern version I made of the same block.

I made the Modern version first for Carly, the owner of WebFabrics.
OK I admit it, I got a bit lazy when it came to making the block again in my red/taupe theme. Although it really doesn't look much like the original, I like how it turned out just the same.

Be sure to pop over to the SVBAQ blog early next week to see how other quilter's have interpreted this block.

I will be in Colorado next week!
Dawn, Collector with a Needle and I have a fun week planned with a special group of quilting friends. And I'm very excited for the opportunity to meet with some of the talented women from the Longmont Interfaith Quilt Guild! These ladies have been working hard on their Dear Jane quilts the past couple of years and I look forward to meeting them and seeing some of their amazing finished quilts!

Wishing you a Happy and Stitch filled May!

every quilt tells a story....

18 comments:

  1. Wonderful bouquet. It looks like roses.
    Have a nice weekend, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both blocks are very pretty, though the longer I look at them I think the red one is a bit more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No....I am just loving the red and taupe. My favorite colors I am sure you know. The flowers look like individual petals were appliqued on. What an overachiever you are! Two of those blocks! Makes me feel like a slug. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are always so beautiful! Have a great trip to Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both blocks are great, but I favor the red and taupe combo especially how you cut the fabric for the flowers. See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fussy cuts are just beautiful on the red/taupe one and I love the pop of color of the modern one against the text fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun with Dawn. At least you waited until winter was over to visit her.
    I like your red & taupe version of the block over the more modern look. It has a calm look to it and of course you know I love your fabrics being used for this version of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blocks.
    Have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So interesting to see the block in such different fabrics - both gorgeous! you're a star making two of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blocks hard to choose which I prefer, thinking the the red and taupe :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Red and taupe is a great combination Have fun in CO--sounds ;lie a fun group and great project

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you safe travels and a fabulous visit with Dawn - (so looking forward to meeting her in October!) Absolutely love the red and taupe version - it takes on an elegant look. The more modern version is wonderful too - great colors and terrific background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love both of them! Amazing how different they can look. Have a ball with Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great blocks! both versions are pretty. I like the text background!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love all your blocks, you are going to have a Beautiful Quilt!! Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...