Saturday, January 2, 2016

Welcoming in 2016

We welcomed in the New Year with these little guys.
My grandson's birthday is New Year's Eve and he asked Nana to make him some little boys that could play in his Lego buildings.

These fully posable little dolls range in size: 1 inch, one and a half inch and the tallest at just 2 inches. They are made from chenille stems, wooden beads,embroidery floss, wool roving for hair and wool felt for clothing. It was a nice little craft project for me to end the year with and my grandson is very pleased with how they turned out.

My New Year's resolution this year is to relax and savor the Journey!

One journey in particular that I'm excited about is continuing on with the Shenandoah Valley Botanical Album sew along. It's a privilege to work with Dawn and The Virginia Quilt Museum as we share Esther Blair Matthew's historic quilt and story.

Just one block a month - a perfect project to relax and enjoy the rhythm of stitching!

Have you seen the block for January yet? It's called "Star in the East".
Dawns version (above) is a real beauty! To learn more about it and also see the original block click HERE.
Welcome to the Newcomers starting this month! That's the beauty of this Quilt Study and sew along. You can join in any time and work at your own pace.
Whether you are a Cheerleader or a Participant - all are welcome!

No big list of projects to formally announce for the year, but I do have a few Fun activities up my sleeve for 2016! Including a couple of free "Quick yet Classic" sew alongs that I will host. (you may want to dust off those jelly rolls on your shelf)

Wishing you all a very Productive, Creative, Healthy and Happy New Year!

every quilt tells a story....

14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness these dolls are just AMAZING! VERY lucky little grandson ; love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness these dolls are just AMAZING! VERY lucky little grandson ; love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lego Dolls are adorable--you are a great Grandmother

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutest little guys ever - your Grandson must have been so excited to receive them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those little figures are out of this world adorable! I want some...a quilter or two? They are treasure. Looking forward to lots of sewing adventures in 2016 all the while savoring the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Lego people are fantastic. I can't imagine working so small. The joy is in the journey. Enjoy 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can only agree with the others - amazing little people!! My son was Lego-mad as a boy (still is at times!) and would have loved this lot. I think the pirate is my personal favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little people....very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The little figures are very cute.
    I wish you a Happy New Year.
    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those little dolls are so small and so fantastic...you did such a good job!

    My sons both loved Lego for many years. My husband has saved all of it just in case we get some grandkids.

    ReplyDelete

  11. Happy New Year !!!!!!!!
    Those little dolls are AMAZING Doreen !!

    Looking forward to seeing what you have up your sleeve for 2016 :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous little people. Lucky Grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your little Lego people are so cute! I am sure your grandson will have many hours of enjoyment. All my boys and grandsons loved Legos! Beautiful January block.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't get over that you made those little dolls! they are the cutest cutest ever. Is there a pattern? They are so detailed.
    Great applique block. I love following your progress
    Happy New Year - and hooray for no resolutions.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...