Friday, January 29, 2016

The Big Leap - Jelly Roll sew along for February


It's a Leap Year and what better way to celebrate than to make a quick to piece quilt to commemorate the occasion? I'm calling this quilt The Big Leap.
It is a variation of the pattern called Triple Irish Chain.
Follow along each week as I demonstrate time saving methods for chain piecing, cutting, pressing & sewing your BIG blocks and quilt together.
To make this 82" x 82" quilt you will need:
1 Jelly roll fabric bundle and 5 1/2 yards of contrasting/solid background fabric.





Want to make a smaller quilt??        This version is 56" x 56".  To make this variation you will need a bit more than half a jelly roll bundle and  3 1/2 yards of a background fabric.





SCHEDULE and Specifics.... Each Sunday during the month of February I will post a new set of instructions and a Show & Tell link up.
Look for these on February 7, 14, 21 and 28.
The goal is to have our quilt tops completed by February 29th - LEAP DAY! I look forward to sharing The Big Leap with you!
every quilt tells a story.....

21 comments:

  1. I'm tempted to make the little leap :) Will have to look at what jelly rolls I have on the shelf! I love a good Irish chain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look along your progress.Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two days ago, I was looking for that pattern and didn't find it. Thank you... it will be helpful for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Irish chains. Your picture looks like it is a one or two color besides the background color. I have a half of jelly roll but that is probably not enough strips. I might join in,

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh...I love Irish chains. Will you be using ALL of your jelly roll, reds and taupes together? I am intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea - Have a jelly roll that needs attention - going to check out my backgrounds...always fun and motivating to do a SAL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the classic look of an Irish chain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! I would love to try this. I love that quilt pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will look at your progress.
    Have a nice weekend, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to sewing with you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Big Leap is beautiful ! How fun to have a sew along :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never made an Irish Chain, I'm still a beginner but I do have some Jelly Rolls so I do believe I'll take a leap of faith & join in. I've never done a sew along

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in! And I'm using goodies from my stash! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i think I just might be in on this one with you Aunt Reen! I have tons of jelly rolls to use up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh you do tempt me! And I have the perfect jelly roll for it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a great sew along. I'll have to watch this time - but will enjoy seeing the projects. Happy Ground Hogs day

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've got my fabric and I'm ready! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm in, and I'm super excited! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...