Thursday, December 3, 2015

Paint by Numbers - for Quilters

I have fond childhood memories of time spent with my older sister working on Paint by Number pictures. We sat side by side at the table diligently painting away. It was serious business matching the paint colors to the correct number patches.
This is how we spent many cold snowy winter days growing up.

Imagine my surprise and delight when I discovered this amazing fabric line a few weeks ago during the QUEST shop hop! It was like finding treasure - my inner child was jumping up and down. (on the inside of course)
I made my purchase and could not stop grinning all the way to the tour bus. Honestly, some of the ladies must have thought I was nuts.... I was pulling these fabrics out of the bag all day long, gushing over them.

(you can click on the picture below for a larger view of the fabrics)


The line is called Purebred designed by Erin Michael for Moda.
I must not be the only one who loved Paint by Numbers because the shop sold out of the line during Quest week.
Have you found a new fabric love recently?

every quilt tells a story....

11 comments:

  1. Loved your post today and your new favorite line. It will be fun to use. I spent many hours painting and matching numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to make the paint-by-numbers fabric. That's the only way I could paint way back when. Thanks for telling us about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, oh my!! I LOVED paint by number!!! I will definitely try to find some!!!

    I caught up on your past few posts!!! Dutch Treat blocks are just so special!!! The Farmer's Wife blocks, again, are great with those wonderful conversational prints!!! As always, your appliques blocks are awesome!!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that line too though I have only seen it online so far, bet it is beautiful in person ;) I am also a fan of the black and white text from Ardently Austen as well as the new Karen Lewis line and Denyse Schmidt's last 3 lines. So many choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to get some of this line. I have the birds that came out last year but I love that they have added non painted and also the paint dots! so so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also have fond memories with my sister spending hours paint by number. It made us feel like we were artist ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to do paint by numbers. Wonder what happened to them. What plans do you have for the fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved paint by numbers too, I remember the smell of the oils as we created our master works! Such a fun fabric line, glad you found some for the stash, how fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are soooo cool! thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...