Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Farmer's Wife - Going Green.....

I try to make equal amounts of green & blue blocks as I sew along.
But this week, the blocks all spoke to me in "Green" and I'm OK with that.


AVA - Having a Family.
The joy of motherhood thru adoption of her little girls.


DAFFODIL - Happily Married
Taking time to enjoy little walks and small moments together.


GRANDMA - Bravery & Brightness
Upon the passing of her husband, her children opened their homes to her. I chose Rose hips for the conversation print because although the blossoms fade & drop from a rose the rose hips are still lovely to look at and have useful purpose.

every quilt tells a story....

18 comments:

  1. Love them all, fabulous and thanks for sharing the story about the blocks.
    Have a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blocks and I really like the little girl print. It is so appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your stories associated with your fabric selection. Lovely blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and lovely shades of green to boot!!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the 30's shade of green.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful! Each block is so adorable!
    Greetings from afar
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful blocks as always.
    I love the little daffodil block. All are so adorable.
    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy the stories about each block and your fabric choices are PERFECT Love Ava having a Family block... those little girls are just the cutest :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great fabric selections for this set of blocks! I especially love the greens in Grandma's block.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty blocks. Ava's fabric is PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun project! Love the green - one of my favorite colors. You are tempting me to start a new project with my abundant 30's stash! Love your reasons for using the rose hip fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely blocks! Darling girls in Ava's!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are using such lovely fabrics in these blocks; so much fun to see them each week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are using such lovely fabrics in these blocks; so much fun to see them each week :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year to you and your family!!.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful versions of these blocks, sorry I am a bit late to comment, had quite a Christmas cold this past week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Farmer’s Wife blocks are so perfect. You make the post even more special by including the little stories along with each block.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...