Tuesday, December 1, 2015

A new block and some final finishes

Happy December!
Today is the reveal of Block #3 of the Shenandoah Valley Botanical Quilt Sew Along. This is my Red & Taupe version. You can find information on the original block on the SVBAQ blog found HERE.

As promised - the rest of the blocks I completed in November for the Farmer's Wife:


PATIENCE - Never give up!
This was the saddest letter I've read to date. Despite extreme poverty and illness this farm wife persevered against her adversities.


SARA - A view of Loveliness
A window above the kitchen sink to watch the sky and gardens change thru the seasons.

PATRICIA - napping with her babies.


JEWEL - A gift of flowers to a friend who was a good listener.

I completed 9 little blocks for the month of November. A good month indeed!

12 comments:

  1. WOW! You had a very productive month of November !!! They are all just beautiful :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've really been busy. Really love your Mountain Laurel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love looking at your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again I am in love with your French General fabric version of the block. I got my block close to being done and have decided I used too dark of a green. I have to cut out new parts and fix the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should be adding more French General fabrics to my stash. Your fabric selections are always spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Farmer's Wife blocks are so pretty together - a beautiful mix of gentle and strong blues, greens and aqua colours!
    Mountain Laurel looks lovely - hopping over to check it out on SVBAQ blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really loving your red and taupe colors on these blocks! Just gorgeous. Great job on your Farmer's Wife blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Farmer's Wife blocks are so wonderful. I love your colors and fabrics.
    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another round of beautiful Farmer's Wife blocks ! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are one busy stitcher & such lovely results!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the fabrics in your applique' block. The Farmer's Wife blocks are pretty too. I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love them all.Fabulous.the first one looks very tricky for me.Great job!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...