Friday, November 20, 2015

Catching up with the Farmer's Wife


AIMEE - The Magic round Jar that she saved her pennies in.





The background fabric I chose reminds me of the fancy glass jars of cold cream that used to sit on my grandmother's vanity.   Once the cold cream was gone, my grandmother would wash out the jar and store beautiful buttons in them.





NANCY - A book for Christmas.

I too enjoy books for Christmas, especially Cookbooks and picture laden books about quilts. (grin) I chose a soft green solid similar in color to a White Pine Christmas tree with a background fabric reflective of Mathmatics and Literature.

A bit behind in my sewing this week due to a home renovation project.
Hubby & I are doing all the work ourselves (except electrical stuff)
We are building a small kitchen in the lower level of our home.
Here is the BEFORE picture:

My vision for these Oak Cabinets - soft French Vintage. So far I've spent a couple of days sanding all the wood smooth and I've begun painting. I chose a chalk paint in "Paris Grey" and some relief adornments for a few of the doors. Once painted I will add a faux finish patina to them. We'll see how things go....

Wishing you a Fabulous November Weekend!

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabrics! We painted our cabinets a couple of years ago--loved the results the process took longer than we thought

    ReplyDelete
  2. A woman after my own heart. We are always doing things ourselves around here. I even tiled the bathroom that we put in our basement and tiled the bar countertop. As usual, your blocks are adorable. Can't wait to see this quilt together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful stories to go with your blocks. Home improvement projects make you feel good when they're done. Keep us posted on on the cabinet painting goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story about your Grandmother and the cold cream jars. Do they still make that? I love a book as a gift too. Good luck with remodeling! I wish my husband was handy like that. If you need something sawn he gets his chainsaw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the cold cream story and I love the fabric, too!!

    Looks like a great project!! Can't wait to see the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks are so wonderful.
    Wonderful story about your grandmother.
    Have a nice weekend, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty blocks and it will be fun to see your kitchen progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty blocks and it will be fun to see your kitchen progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great story and blocks.Can´t wait to see your kitchen finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blocks and the cold cream jar story - everything was made from heavy glass not plastic - we grew up with a whole different book of memories, didn't we?! Please share your chalk paint project as it progresses - I have a low cupboard in the great room that needs redoing...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely blocks. I have that mathmatic print too - love it.
    can't wait to see your cabinets. sounds like a great plan!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Farmers Wife blocks are lovely as always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. More beautiful Farmers Wife blocks. How exciting to add a kitchen to your lower level. The finish sounds pretty, can't wait to see them all done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love hearing the stories for each of your adorable blocks :-D

    Your plans for your kitchen cabinets sound wonderful !
    Looking forward to seeing everything when you are done :-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are you paper piecing the blocks? They look just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful buttons in glass jars, what a vision. Your blocks are beautiful combinations. Your kitchen projects will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your work is always spot on and I love the fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...