Sunday, October 18, 2015

Farmer's Wife week 3

I barely eeked out my 2nd block assignment before the close of this week.
The first assigned block required templates and Y seam construction.
I could have found a simpler way to sew it, but I chose to stick with traditional block assembly. (this time).

BELLE, here is my interpretation of Belle with her families basket lunch.
I really enjoyed her story of Family fellowship.

Next was CORAL. Her story made me smile as I envisioned her picking wildflowers around the farm with her 2 little toddlers.

2 more wonderful letters to read this week!
I'm finding them all so endearing and love connecting them with the blocks I'm sewing.

every quilt tells a story......

17 comments:

  1. The conversationals are ideal for these blocks. Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks. The fabrics look great.
    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see that you are enjoying your time off from teaching and getting to work on new and interesting quilt projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great fun picture prints to help you paint the picture of your quilt - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blocks and fabric choices - just love the conversationals with the solids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute, cute conversation fabrics!! In particular I love the rooster!! Again, lovely, lovely, lovely!

    Blessings and hgus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable blocks and cute fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love with those little prints! and been searching everywhere...so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fancy cuts make the quilt all the more special. Partial to the kitties

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute cute cute fussy cutting, love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you fussy cut your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You pick the best fabrics....such cute fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are adorable. You make me want to get the book just for the stories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are adorable. You make me want to get the book just for the stories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful blocks, great fabric choices. I am getting farther and farther behind on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your blocks (because of the 19th Century conversationals!) I collect the them (as well as "real" ones from 19th Century, sadly mostly only in pictures!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with you, each letter makes me smile or sometimes even tear...I just love that kitty with a basket...so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...