Thursday, October 8, 2015

Farmer's Wife week 2

I've made 3 blocks this week for the Farmer's Wife sew along.

AUNT - (approaching life one day at a time)
I chose a print of sun & stars for my conversation fabric.

BETTY (and her love of music)

CAROLINE (appreciating everyday miracles from heaven)
I chose snowflakes for my conversation fabric

I find the stories written by these Farm Wives SO heartfelt and inspiring.
For me, they provide a greater purpose to sewing these blocks and I'm very pleased I decided to join this sew along.

every quilt tells a story...

17 comments:

  1. This is a great project. I love the fabrics you are using and the blocks are turning out beautifully....love those perfect points!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely, lovely!!! I agree that every quilt tells a story - and yours will tell a special one!!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying your fabric combinations. I found my book today, but must resist until I finish up my Dear Jane quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blocks.
    Have a nice weekend, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful blocks and love your fabric combo.How many blocks have this projects?

    ReplyDelete
  6. great blocks. that Bunny is the cutest fabric ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are just the cutest bunnies Doreen :-D

    Sweet blocks and the fabric choices are Perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, yes, that bunny fabric is super cute and fits right into the story. Lovely blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can tell you love the story that goes with your quilts. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely blocks!

    Greetings from Holland

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great fabric choices for your blocks. I had thought I would participate in the sew along but instead I have been saving Marti Michaell's directions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bunny fabric is very sweet. I don't remember ever having seen that particular print.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always make me feel upbeat Doreen. Loving the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a soft and pretty quilt yours will be!! Love love love those bunnies!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bunny print, is this one of the "Just for Fun" ones from the mid-1990s? It's great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...