Friday, October 30, 2015

Farmer's Wife & October finishes

An even dozen... these are the Farmer's Wife sew along blocks that were assigned for the month of October. Here were this weeks blocks....

GRANNY - her DIL passed away leaving her with 6 small grandchildren to care for. In the book, the block is created with 4 split seams. I decided to make mine like the traditional "grannies choice" block.

JENNY - her children loved to help her with the garden and chickens so she could spend time each evening playing with them.

My final project for October was completing the 2nd block for my guild's Block of the Month Sampler. October's block was Card Trick.

Still playing around with setting options for this quilt, but so far I like the scrappy feel of these blocks.

Wishing everyone a festive end to October!

17 comments:

  1. Love your colors in your Farmers Wife blocks, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two more great FW blocks! I have some of that chicken fabric, so cute. I need to catch up and make Jenny but I finished Granny yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the story matching the fabrics. Did you hunt these up all yourself or are they specifically for the FW blocks. This is going to be another one of those quilts that I wish I had the time to do. I will live vicariously though you. Just lovely blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your Farmer's Wife blocks, such lovely colors and fun fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your Farmer's Wife blocks.
    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Un trabajo divino!!!
    Telas y costuras.
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your color way for your Farmers Wife blocks. especially the teal and green.

    ReplyDelete
  8. More fun blocks with those fantastically perfect conversationals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the stories that accompany the blocks and that card trick has such lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the stories that accompany the blocks and that card trick has such lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have had a busy October!! I also love those colors in your Farmers Wife blocks-so lovely!!! Have a great November!! My plan is to complete at lease one UFO :^)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your October had been very busy.Any of your blocks are so beautiful.Love them all and your fabric combo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I sure like your fabric choices in both of these projects. I like the little stories with each Farmer's Wife block too. I look forward to seeing your November blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. fun to see what you've been up to - great blocks.
    4 partial seams? wow

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...