Thursday, September 10, 2015

A New Beginning for our Quilt Guild

I belong to an awesome Guild here in Northern Virginia!
A member of the Centreville chapter of Quilter's Unlimited, today is an exciting day. After a 2 month break, tonight is the first meeting of our New Year.

One of the many activities we offer is a Block of the Month program.
My friend Lisa is the committee chair & hostess for this upcoming year.
Each month a new block is presented for guild members to make.
It's a wonderful way to stretch your sewing skills and try new techniques.

This year, I've decided make all of the blocks to create a Sampler Quilt.
I have no idea what the block designs will be each month, but I've pulled from my stash a variety of blue, brown, tan & cheddar prints that I think play nicely together. I will use a collection of creamy tonal prints from P&B's Apple Cider collection for the backgrounds.

And here is my finished September block to bring to the meeting for Show & Tell.
It's an original block design by Lisa called "Back to Spools".

every quilt tells a story...

15 comments:

  1. WOW! Looking good so far--love fancy cuts. You are very fortunate to belong to an awesome quilt guild

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful block. I can see this quilt will be a beauty. Wish our guild did something that great. Maybe when I retire, I will just have to move it in that direction. Can't wait to see next month's block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your block turned out Beautiful!! I love those colors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a different spool block. You are taking advantage of a break from teaching to treat yourself to playtime. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful new project. The block looks great. You have choose beautiful fabrics and colours .
    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you are making this sampler if the first block is indicative of the rest - really original and fun design. those cheddars you've chosen really pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your block!

    Greetings from Holland...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that block and your fabric for the spool is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Making a sampler quilt sounds like a fun idea for your BOM. I really love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No matter what you sew up with your collection of fabrics it going to look great. Those are my kind of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Spool block and gorgeous fabrics
    I think I am in LOVE :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful block. I want to see your quilt soon. I consider it’ll be impressive since you have very nice blocks.

    My Website - Tesol Degrees

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...