Monday, April 13, 2015

Small blocks, bits & pieces

It's been a while since I've posted any progress on my Dutch Treat blocks.
March & April have been very busy months. With 6 family birthdays, classes, workshops, lectures and the upcoming museum exhibit I've been up to my eyelashes in activities.

Dutch Treat is a long term project I want to make progress on this year.
(2 little blocks a month in 2015) I completed The top 2 blocks in the picture above for March and the bottom 2 for April. Blue bells was my first block of the quilt that required a bit of simple embroidery. It was an enjoyable block to stitch.

Below are the 30 blocks I've made since the start of this project
As you can see I only have 106 blocks left to finish!

This Month my students and I are also working on the grape clusters in the outside borders of Noah & Matilda. I'm using assorted purple fabrics.
You can see the strips with small freezer paper circles ironed onto them.

I'm cutting the fabric circles out just slightly beyond the freezer paper's edge.

After baste gathering them to create the look of slightly puffed grapes, I'm sewing these 5/8" finished circles into clusters.

My goal this month is to complete 180 of these grapes for the border.
Sewing them all down will take a while longer.

Every quilt tells a story.....

10 comments:

  1. Your Dutch treat blocks are just the sweetest, I especially love the Blue bells block. Those grapes are beautiful. Love all of the different purple fabrics you used and the puffed look of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little blocks are so wonderful. I love your Appliqué

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is looking lovely. You have been very busy. Fortunately for you, most of that busy-ness is quilt related. I am envious. Won't be long and then maybe I can keep up with you. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a plan. I need to get back to N&M. The blocks are done but all those grapes for the border seemed a bit daunting. You're making great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your goals and plans! No wonder you get so much done. When I look back on all of the Noah and Matilda grapes, they just happened...a few everyday. Yours look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your Dutch Treat blocks. Beautiful colours and fabrics.
    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to see your post today. Always nice to see your newest blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fabrics you are using in your Dutch Treat blocks. The grapes look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Dutch Treat blocks are always a treat to see! I especially love the blue bells block. That is a lot of little grapes to make!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Dutch Treat quilt is just going to be gorgeous. I enjoy making something I can finish quickly, but most times the quilts that are really fun are the long term projects like your Dutch Treat.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...