Thursday, January 8, 2015

Noah & Matilda - the Journey begins....

I'm so excited to announce that the very first class of our Noah & Matilda quilt study group began yesterday!
I've been planning & discussing this course with Dawn (Collector with a Needle) since August. Her patterns are amazing!
I had the privilege of introducing her work to a few of my students back in October. Some of you may have seen the pictures I posted of their beautiful Rose & Reel quilt tops.

Noah & Matilda was love at first site for me! I was drawn into the age, complexity and interesting family history of this quilt. I couldn't help thinking that my interest and affection for it might also be shared by other quilters in my area. So the concept of offering this as a monthly instructional and lecture/discussion type program flowered into a structured Quilt Study Group.

I'm presenting this course at Kelly Ann's in Warrenton, VA.
We have a nice size class - 17 members in all.
For an Applique course, I'm very happy with the turn out!
With all of my excitement to begin yesterday - I forgot to take pictures.
But I promise to take a few at each of the remaining monthly meetings.

I do have some goodies to share.... Each month my students receive a special fabric package that has been custom kitted for them at the shop.
Here are the lovely treats they received for Month 1.

Here are larger pictures of my January blocks:

With out Dawn's insight, talent and generosity this course would not have been possible. My students and I are very grateful to her for this opportunity!

every quilt tells a story....

21 comments:

  1. Very generous kit! Your blocks are so pretty.

    Enjoy your class, I'm sure your students will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat!! Wish I was close enough to participate! I LOVE Dawn's patterns and want to make this one some day!

    Your fabrics are especially lovely and of course your work is exquisite!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful as always.
    Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun, I wish I lived closer to be part of your group!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabric choices for the blocks is very good. You have a good size group that plan on working on the blocks. I am sure you will have some good show 'n tell pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding project. Your students are very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Doreen! It's been a while! Looks like you will be teaching another beauty! Have fun with all your students!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lucky students to be in your class > Just beautiful fabrics and the blocks are Gorgeous ! Looking forward to more posting of your students work

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic class for your students. Dawn has done an incredible job with the patterns and history. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blocks are beautiful. I love the fabrics in the photo. I've been eyeing that quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to first thank you for sharing the quilt with your students! Mostly we have to credit Matilda who in 1850, inked the last block in the quilt. Every stitch I think of her!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blocks are wonderful. Beautiful fabrics.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  13. great quilt - love your colors - have fun with the class.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great choice for an appliqué class .

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love so much, it's a beautiful quilt

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can definitely see why you love this so much. Enjoy your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I love this one Doreen. The blocks are lovely...it will be a pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! Your work is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds like a fantastic class! I love the fabric selection for the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just stunning and love your fabric combo.Great job!!

    Wishing you an awesome New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...