Friday, January 23, 2015

Collecting fabrics for a lovely Spring Palette

Whew... after 6 months of dreaming and planning I've finally gathered enough fabrics for one (possibly 2) quilts that I plan on making this year. I rarely use solid fabrics in my quilts these days. This year I will try to use them a bit more.

My inspiration all started with some paint chips and these 3 fabrics - Coral, buttercream and Sage:

I sprinkled in some citrus batiks:

Then I mixed in a collection of Coral and Aquamarine batiks called Hawaii by Timeless Treasures:

And a few more solids to round off the Palette:

Missing from the photo are my gray solid and batik fabrics.
I'll save those for a future Share.

The first project I have in mind for these is a beautiful Applique quilt.
Once I saw the design - I knew these fabrics were perfect for the project.
That journey will begin for me in February.

What's on YOUR Agenda for Spring Quilting?????

17 comments:

  1. Lovely bunch of fabrics! I wish I could plan ahead, but I'm a impulse quilter not knowing from one week to the next what I'll make, let alone months away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabrics great for spring. Am getting ready to start quilt using 5" charm squares of Civil War Reproduction fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy Spring fabrics :-D Looking forward to seeing what quilt project you have planned for these lovelies :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. A refreshing change from civil war colours. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the first package from Homestead Hearth with Di Ford's Antique Wedding Sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Collecting the fabrics is half the fun. I love doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not thinking of starting anything new. My goal this year is to use it up, make it up and get it done......aka...UFOs. I love your fabric choices. So pretty for Spring and summer. Can't wait to see what you make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are sweet warm colors. They'll be fun to work with. This is the time we should be thinking of spring projects so we can enjoy them in the right season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful fabrics and colors.
    I'm looking forward to your new application project.

    Have a nice weekend, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those fabrics are absolutely gorgeous together. What appliqué pattern do you have in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luscious color palette and perfect for playing with during these unspringlike days....

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful fabric choices. I was in a clothing store last week, all I saw was orange & turqouise colored clothing, guess that might the hot colors for Spring. All I have planned are finishing up what I have started on & making Project Linus quilts to donate. Red Barn Primitives

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous fabrics and definitely speak "spring" can't wait to see what you will be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love love love those. Can't wait to see your project.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a gorgeous collection of fabrics. Your project is going to have such a fresh and happy feel.

    I'm just working through UFOs...still :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...