Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Ending 2014 with a Box of Chocolate

This is the final Dutch Treat block I made in 2014. It is called Chocolate Box.
The perfect block to represent my life this past year.
If you are a fan of the movie Forrest Gump you will recall that epic phrase... "Life is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you'll get".

This was a year of sweet surprises around every corner.
Busy teaching a lot of quilting classes, making lots of new quilts and wonderful friends, and spending quality time with my family. Like that box of chocolates though... my year has ended with a bitter sweet bite.

The tragic loss of my younger brother a few weeks ago was quite devastating and a reminder of just how fleeting and precious life really is. But on this very last day of the year - Heaven shines it's grace brightly over my family once again.
Today is my little Grandson's 4th Birthday! I am extremely grateful & blessed.

To end the Year on a Positive note:
Here are all the little 5" blocks I managed to finish for Dutch Treat this year. There are 21 blocks in all. Considering my crazy schedule I'm happy with numbers.

Wishing you Health, Happiness and Prosperity in 2015!

every quilt tells a story....

16 comments:

  1. Looks so, so wonderful.
    I wish you a wonderful New Year.
    Greetings Grit

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sincerest sympathy for your devastating loss! Prayers for you and all your family. You inspire me as you find the blessings of life in the midst of sorrow.

    Your Dutch Treat blocks are gorgeous!

    Many blessings for a prosperous and joyful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Life truly is a box of chocolates Your quilt(s) is beautiful. Happy birthday to your Grandson and condolences on the death of your brother--life is also very fragile

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sympathies on the loss of your brother. How terribly sad, but like you said, there is you little grandson. Hug him and squeeze him. It is so healing. Love all your Dutch Treat blocks. So excited for your successful year, too. Here's hoping that 2015 is just as successful if not more. Happy New Year Doreen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very sorry to hear of your loss Doreen. Your strength shines through with this post. Praying for continued strength and peace for all of your family.

    Love your Dutch Treats blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Aunti Reen--Life throws so many hard and challenging things our way--am glad you can find happiness in your grandson --I hope your heart will be filled with warming memories of your younger brother in the coming months. Happy New Year and may you find joy and peace in your quilting projects. Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so, so sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. We lost our daughter at the end of September, I understand how devastated you feel. But there is still joy to be found, a grandson is the perfect little guy to bring it to you. Love your Dutch Treat blocks, it hard to imagine they are only 5 inches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Dutch Treat blocks are just lovely.
    So sorry about the loss of your Brother. Wishing you all the best in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, so sorry for your loss. As Dionne said, your strength shines!!
    So does your talent.
    Wishing you all the best in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful blocks.
    I wish you a Happy New Year.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sad to hear of the devastating loss of your brother. May 2015 bring you many happy blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry about your brother, 'Reen. That's very difficult. It's good you have such beautiful things to work on - your Dutch Treat colors are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My deepest condolences, Doreen, for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Doreen so sorry to hear about your younger brother, life is amazing unfortunately death is part of it. Forrest Gump is one of our favorite movie a real classic. Becoming a Grandmother almost tops being a parent. Here's to hoping 2015 bring nothing but joy to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  15. So, so sorry about your brother. Wishing you sweet memories of him. Gentle hugs from Texas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...