Friday, October 3, 2014

Jane Quilts - Show & Tell

I met up with a few of my former students and very dear Friends last week for a special business meeting. We are in the process of gathering quilts together for an exhibit titled "Dear Jane Revisited" that I'm curating at the Virginia Quilt Museum this coming Spring into Summer. Approximately 30 of my former students will participate/display their work in the exhibit. (very exciting for all)

It's been a while since I've posted Show & Tell from my circle of friends. I thought I'd share what Irene has been busy working on. First up is her scrappy Basket quilt.

And here is her beautiful Pink applique Oak Leaves quilt.

And here is Wendy with her small Nautical Jane quilt. The quilt was made using Dear Jane triangle blocks.

And Donna's Candles for Jane quilt

And on the homefront - a Christmas quilt that I created called Snow Globes with fussy cut Snowmen & Santa's.

A quilt I created a couple of years ago called Acorns & Oak Leaves that I'm finally attaching the binding to.

I hope you are having a fabulous start to October!

21 comments:

  1. I would love to see the Dear Jane exhibit. You should be proud to have helped all those students accomplish such a fete!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All beautiful quilts...keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the quilts looks great.
    Thank you for sharing.

    Have a nice weekend, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful eye candy...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts...your show should be just spectacular....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also would love to be able yo see the Dear Jane exhibit. I applaud you for teaching so many how to make this Amazing quilt.

    All such wonderful quilts !

    Your Snow globes quilt is just adorable & I do remember your Acorn & Oak leaves quilt. Congratulations on finishing this beautiful quilt

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful for your "Dear Jane" friends/students!! Wish I lived closer!

    Love all show and tell quilts - what a very talented group!!

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a great gathering of DJ, the exhibit will be wonderful. I enjoyed seeing the projects - impressive variety. Makes we want to get my needle out right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The exhibit you have planned of the Jane's would be interesting to see. I can understand why your students are excited.
    I like the pink applique quilt very much. And I am not normally a pink person.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful group of jane quilts!
    wow great show and tell. Love the pink one especially

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an accomplishment for you and your students and now an exhibit!! How exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such gorgeous work and finishes....something I haven't perfected yet...giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quilts! You have some talented friends!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning Show and Tell.Congratulations to all your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Doreen? Did you remove the This and That blog? I guess if you snooze, you lose.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the quilts!! I would love to see the Dear Jane exhibit too!!! I posted on Facebook about getting back to my Dear Jane blocks and I got a lot of comments. So many quilters have never heard of Dear Jane, and there were several who have started on theirs, one gal has made two quilts!!! The conversations were so fun!!! Hopefully we have a few more Janes on board! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your Christmas Drunkard's Path.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...