Sunday, September 21, 2014

It's been a while....

I apologize for my absence from blogland the past 7 weeks.
I've missed seeing what all of my blog friends have been up to!
All is well. Things have just been extremely busy with LOTS of exciting things going on.

I made this quilt top in August (42" square) as a Class Sample.
The course I'm teaching is Modern Machine Applique.
My students are learning how to use quick prep basting techniques, specialty threads & machine stitch work. With no raw edges or fusible web, they will be able to achieve the look of Needle Turn applique in 1/5th of the time by Machine.

The beautiful pattern was designed by Dawn of Collector with a Needle.
I originally planned on offering this 3 part course in 2 time slots - a morning session and an evening session. Within days of people seeing Dawn's stunning design the classes were booked and a 3rd (afternoon) session was added. I'll be sure to share pictures of my student's work as we progress along.

I was also busy this summer designing/making quilts to display in the shop for the upcoming holiday season. Artie set up this festive display featuring some of of my Fall quilts.

The quilt in the center is Black Magic - a version of my Autumn Blossoms quilt.
This is being offered as a Paper piecing Class at Kelly Ann's the first week of October. (kits of this are also available at the shop)

I have a LOT more quilts and exciting news to share.
But I'll save it all for a post later this week.

Wishing you all a very Happy & Creative September!

19 comments:

  1. Sounds like lots of fun! The shop and students are lucky to have you and your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I was close enough to take your appliqué class.
    Just love your version of Dawn’s pattern

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love your appliqued quilt. No wonder the classes filled up so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you!! Adding more class sessions is always a positive sign that you are successful! Great quilts to get everyone inspired too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first quilt is such a happy, pretty quilt The fall display with your quilts is adorable, too. Love Black Magic. You have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both quilts are so wonderful.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilts you have made...I've missed you! Do you ever use any Accuquilt cutters, been thinking of getting me one. Have a great day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea, glad to see you have been busy being creative! LOVE Black Magic! Wonderful sample for your Modern Machine Applique class, your students are very lucky! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to see your post. I has been a while. Very nice quilts I might add. Keep on encouraging students. We need more quilters in the universe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to see your posts! Wow, I wish I lived close enough for your Modern Machine Applique class and really like Black Magic!

    Gloria
    gyates625@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...love both quilts! You've been missed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great to hear from you Doreen! Both quilts are beautiful...lucky folks that get to take your class. I look forward to seeing pictures of their quilt tops.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The applique looks beautiful in the first quilt! That was done by machine? I can see why your classes filled up so fast. Great Fall colors in your second quilt! It is that time of year already.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely sample! I love all of your fabric choices. I wish I lived closer. Your students are very lucky to have you. I look forward to watching their progress.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great halloween quilt and banner!!

    ReplyDelete


  16. Your appliqué is just GORGEOUS! !!! No wonder your classes filled up so quickly .

    Black magic is Beautiful and I really like the display of your fall quilts.

    Welcome back to blogland !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How exciting that your classes are filling up so quickly. I am sure the students will learn so much from you.
    The fall display quilt is awesome! Can't wait to hear more about what you are going to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Do you have a pattern for sale of Black Magic, Love Love Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...