Happy to say that I've finished my very first block of Noah & Matilda!
I worked on it for an hour or so each evening this 3rd week of July.
The original block was created with green stems and green center buds for the tulip-like flowers. After the stems were stitched down, something compelled me to use deep saffron yellow for the center portion of the tulip flowers.
My intention is to respectfully recreate the quilt with color placement as similar to the original as possible. However, I have a finite personality quirk at times - so there may be 1 or 2 blocks in the quilt that deviate from the original color scheme.
The majority of this block was sewn via needle turn applique. For the basket section - I created freezer paper templates of the triangles and machine stitched the pieces and sections together. Once completed, I stitched the pieced basket onto the block - needle turning the outside edges under.
It's already apparent that this quilting journey is going to be a joyful one for me....
Red & Green quilts make my heart SING, but there is something I find especially endearing about this quilt.