Friday, April 25, 2014

A new Christmas Quilt

I spent the past week sewing together this darling Red & Green quilt to be used as a Shop sample. Do you remember Vintage Rouge by Bloom Creek?
(there's a picture of it on my right sidebar)
Well this is the Block of the Month sequel called "House Warming Party".

Here is a close up of the pattern cover:

The pattern gives instructions for fusible applique', but I preferred to needle turn these simple shaped little red birds.

Most of the quilt is constructed of quick to piece blocks and simple borders.

My top finished at 64" x 74".
Although it's presented for Christmas - I think it's appropriate to display all year.
This is a 6 Month BOM program Kelly Ann's shop is offering from June thru November.
You can find more details about her club program HERE.

this is my finished quilt top pressed against my flannel wall:

It feels wonderful to have an early Holiday finish for 2014!

every quilt tells a story....

24 comments:

  1. I think I am in LOVE !!! Just look at all of those cute little birds flying around and the fabric is GORGEOUS !!! This will be SO nice for you to display this in your home for the holidays and now you are all set !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally in love with this. I love red, Christmas, birds, and applique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely quilt. And doesn't it feel wonderful to have it completed months before Christmas? WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors in this quilt, but those sweet little birds, just make it "sing"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Doreen...I am in love with this one! Such a pretty quilt! Lovely work...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...this Chrismas quilt is amazing! I love this pattern. Looks really fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Christmas Quit. I like it very much.

    Have a wonderful weekend, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the little birds...you did a great job on the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ADORABLE!!! I love birds and birdhouses. If you saw my house, you would know that. I have a bird and there are birdhouses all over the great room and kitchen. Just love this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it, will have to sign up for the BOM.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cute birds :) Love that they are in some of the border blocks too...way to go having a Christmas finish so early!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this!!! What a fabulous quilt for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's just adorable, Doreen! And it can be displayed all year long!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats! on your new finish! Love it! I would have done needle turn on the birds too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations,it`s absolutely beautiful.I love it very much.Have a great giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a wonderful Christmas quilt!! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it, and yes, having a new quilt for Christmas done now is really great. I need (want) a new christmas quilt and I only think of it when I'm pulling out my older pieces in Dec!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is cute! I bet it would be adorable for spring with blue birds and colorful houses in yellows, purples, pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it, the birds really do make it 'sing'! Wonderful program and your sample is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the wonderful Christmas quilt. I agree it can be an all year quilt, the birds are really cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...