Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Day with Friends - Show & Tell

I get together once a month with a group of 6 very special, dear friends.
I am truly blessed to know and share time with each one of these talented women! I'm going to start taking pictures of their work to share with my blogging friends.

My friend Irene was not able to attend this month - but here is a picture I took of her last summer. She is shown on the left holding her Dear Jane quilt.
(she hand quilted this masterpiece)

Here is what my friend Kathy brought for Show & Tell - her first 3 blocks of Benjamin Biggs

This is a darling wool Pin Keep that she made

and here is a beautiful Needlepoint pillow that she's completed:

We met at Wanda's house this month. Wanda is the Queen of Needlework Samplers. (more about this in a future post)
Wanda is also an amazing quilter. Her handwork is showcased beautifully in every room of her gorgeous home. The first pictures are of the Egg Money Quilt that she completed.

She has utility stitched this quilt by hand using perle cotton thread... look at the lovely details of her stitching....

Next are a couple of wool applique' projects Wanda recently completed

Here is a beautiful miniature quilt she made - look at how pretty she has it displayed for Spring

And this is just 1 wall of Wanda's home that is filled with her Needlework Samplers. She has made many more of these amazing Samplers over the years and they too are displayed on walls thru out her home. Some time in the near future, I would like to create a blog post just of these priceless treasures that she stitches.

I will make it a point to bring my camera to each of our monthly luncheons.
Between the 7 of us - there is often plenty of Show & Tell.

every quilt tells a story...

25 comments:

  1. wow what a talented group of friends. I love the samplers and the cute easter projects. The DJ quilt is amazing! Thanks for sharing your fun get together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your post about such beautiful needlework.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your post about such beautiful needlework.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What inspiration, such beautiful projects and such a beautiful "Jane" quilt too...one of these days I will have to get back to mine but until then it is fun to see others and their finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a wonderful post.
    Your friends have made beautiful needleworks. All are so fantastic.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You have some very talented friends...lovely quilts and those cross stitch samplers! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful works from all of you. Thank you for sharing.
    Grit

    ReplyDelete
  8. So enjoyed looking at all the wonderful projects. Gorgeous work and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a stunning projects.Love them all but Dear jane quilt caught my eye,thanks for sharing.Have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I am repeating what others have said , but you really do have very talented friends!! I look forward to seeing those samplers a little closer too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW ! All of these are just beautiful ! Such talented quilters and of course you included :-D Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an array loveliness. You do have some very talented friends. I enjoyed seeing these things. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is one talented lady! All her work is just beautiful. Would love to be invited to her home but I fear I would be drooling over all her wonderful needlework

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have some very talented friends Doreen, and how lovely of you to share their work with us so we can enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I get together with a small group of quilting friends that meet once a month. It is such a good time of sharing. Not just the sharing of quilt making but the sharing of joys and sorrows. Sharing of friendship.
    The Dear Jane quilt makes my heart sing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful projects. Lovely work! Thank you for the close ups of the fantastic handwork.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the Show and Tell pictures. I thoroughly enjoyed all the beautiful creations of your talented group.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your friends are very talented!! It must be so inspiring to meet with them all. The DJ is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely examples of the needle arts!! Like you I meet with a special little gathering of long time friends each month (sometimes more if we need a "fix"!) how wonderful it is to share this common bond with each other and watch it grow into strong friendships.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow - that's a neat collection of stitcheries she has there. :) And I'm respecting that Dear Jane! I still need to quilt mine.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The stitchery she has displayed is amazing. My eyes gave up on that type of needlework. What a great group to be inspired/motivated/encouraged by. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sewing friends are half the fun, really, and why we love what we do.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really did enjoy your friend's show and tell. Lots of inspiration to make me want to get in my sewing room.
    I have a wall with some cross stitch samplers too. I love samplers of all sorts.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Talented friends indeed! Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete