Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Some February finishes

February was such a short, busy and very snowy month here. I was affected by some sort of weather cancellation every week. But like so many other quilters - I adapted with needle in hand.(grin) Definately a Red & White themed month.

The picture above shows just a few of my completed projects for February.
I attended a Bag class taught by Lynne Daconte at Kelly Ann's shop and completed a darling Red & White tote, complete with a lovely pocket filled lining. This is the first of a series of bag classes. I plan to attend each one of them.

I also completed a dozen little Jane blocks, 2 new Quilt tops and am happy to announce that the very last block of my Calendar Girls quilt is completed.

NO... you are not seeing double! I really did make TWO redwork embroidery blocks and created pieced borders for them. One of the blocks is mine and the other I made for my friend SUE. I named the pieced border for this one Pathways to School & Home. Here are all my finished blocks ready for sashing:

I had so much fun coming up with border designs for all of these redwork blocks. There are a lot of fond memories already stitched into this project.

Wishing you continued success on all your Creative Endeavors!

every quilt tells a story...

24 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you were designing the Calendar Girl blocks. Bravo! They're lovely. I see a published pattern in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so cute !!!!!
    Lovely Calendar Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful projects you have made for the month of Feb. 12 Dear Jane blocks that is Awesome and I love your tote bag ! Your quilt top is gorgeous and of course I am in LOVE with our September Calendar girl ! As you know my favorite color is RED !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your calendar blocks are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the red and white theme you've got going!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really accomplished a lot! I absolutely adore the Calendar Girls quilt. Cutest Sunbonnet Sue blocks!!

    I just finished a machine embroidered Sunbonnet Sue project for my kitchen.

    Congratulations on all of those wonderful finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - seeing red! lovely finishes, such sweet redworks. A new colour for March?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely red projects. Your Sue blocks are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, awesome projects.Your redwork caught my eye.Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so prolific. Love keeping up on all that you are working on. Love red, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been watching Sue's progress on her lovely redwork blocks. And yours are every bit as lovely! Such creativity in the pieced borders... as if the embroideries needed any more cuteness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You were very productive and your projects are lovely. Those calendar girls are so pretty. WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, those calendar girls are so cute and the borders are great. Will we see a published pattern soon? The bag is so pretty. I do like your fabric, I've have a weakness for red. LOL - Have not done many redwork though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All your works are fantastic.
    I love your little Sues.

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many wonderful projects! Even though it was a short month you did get a lot accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your redwork and all the different border designs, these will be gorgeous quilts for both of you. Very fun! Congrats on all of your February finishes. As you know I love red and white too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I ahve so enjoyed seeing the redwork blocks each month and the setting for each one. Interesting that they are different.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your calendar girl blocks are wonderful. Each setting is unique and themed so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your redwork blocks are amazing...totally loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah, those purples are really nice! I have been collecting purples again as my supply has been getting low lately. Purples are hard to come by in reproductions!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just found your blog and love it. I really love the Calendar Girls redwork. Is there a pattern for those?
    Paula

    ReplyDelete