Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

Block 2 with reservations, and sharing with friends

Here is my 2nd block of Benjamin Biggs. I'm calling it a happy finish.
Although I've cut and prepped the 4 corner rosebud & leaf sections I've decided not to add them.(at least for now) It will drive me crazy if the secondary pattern they create isn't uniform once I sew the blocks together. Either I'll sew them on as I assemble the rows - or I will come up with an alternate design idea.

So many of my quilting friends here in VA are making this quilt!

Just look at the gorgeous purple reproduction fabrics that JUDY gave to me for my Benjamin Biggs quilt. Judy is an incredibly talented quilter. We share a similar passion for small quilt blocks, small quilts, reproduction fabrics and we are both obsessed extremely fond of the Jane Stickle aka Dear Jane quilt. You can visit her blog Small Quilts and Doll Quilts by clicking on her name above or by clicking the link HERE.

I used one of the purple fabrics that Judy gifted to me for the tulip flowers in this block. It is such a sweet print and I like how it looked in the finished block. Here's a closer peek:

My dear friends Kathy & Irene surprised me with a show & tell of BOTH completed blocks last week. (sure wish I took a picture) :(
I'm going to start bringing my camera where ever I go.
You just never know who I might find with a B.B. block in their hands. lol

every quilt tells a story....

12 comments:

  1. What a sweet finish ! Just love all of the purple fabrics. How sweet of your friend to give you these lovely fabrics.
    Always fun to quilt with friends :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful quilt.Love your fabrics choice and it`s great sew with friends.Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful block....lucky you to receive those fabulous fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your block is so sweet with those gorgeous fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very lovely pairing of fabrics - soft purples and greens - Springtime!! Hope it is beginning to look as pretty as your block...so miss those Virginia springs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful color combo for your BB block!! And aren't friends just the best!!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks lovely - and the colours work beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely block. Fantastic fabrics and colors.

    Have a wonderful weekend, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on finishing your block. I love the fabrics, purple is one of my favorite colors to work with. Very nice gift from your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your B Biggs block is beautiful! I am glad some of my purples will be in your quilt. I have a very hard time accepting compliments - see my blog post this morning, as I talk about your very kind words. Why can't I just say thank-you and accept a compliment? I don't know. I'll work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hermosos trabajos. Te acabamos de conocer y por aqui nos quedamos con tu permiso. Visitanos.
    Un beso

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your 2nd block is so beautiful, I love the purple fabric. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete