Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Birthday Blessings

Yesterday was my birthday.
Not something I typically bang the pots to proclaim each year.
I tend to savor the day quietly and indulge in simple pleasures.

My husband stayed home from work to take me out for a special birthday lunch.
My sisters' called and sang to me.
My 3 year old grandson tells me "I yuv you Nana".

This gorgeous wool applique' Pin Keep was a hand made gift from my dear friend Sue. I was SO surprised and delighted when I opened it. A gift I will always treasure.
The beautiful flowers came from my friend Kelly Ann. All of my favorite blooms (how did she know?) and the perfume that fills the room is delicate, intoxicating and ever so lovely.

I am extremely grateful for all of these amazing gifts of affection!

And here is my birthday wish:

may each of YOUR lives be filled with gentle reminders of how special you are!

23 comments:

  1. Well Happy Belated Birthday - and love your b'day wish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful Birthday. I like to sleep through mine....:) Wow.....this was one of the best presents..........."I yuv you Nana" How sweet is that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Beautiful flowers and gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your birthday sounds so lovely - best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful birthday. Your flowers and pin cushion are beautiful. So you are a Pisces. Me, too! My birthday was last Saturday. How about that! I spent the whole day home alone in my sewing room make lots of progress. The best birthday present of all. Happy birthday to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the birthday wishes. AND Happy Birthday to You! Sounds like it was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Doreen! I wish I had known that yesterday was your birthday because you are such a specail blog friend to me. I hope that it was a specail Merry Birthday for you and I will pay better attention next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those words are supposed to be SPECIAL... errrr

      Delete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday Doreen! You are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Doreen...Happy, happy Birthday!! Hope you enjoyed your special day. The flowers are lovely...so spring-like and the little gift from Sue...so sweet.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Doreen.
    Beautiful gifts.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Belated Birthday, Doreen! I'm happy you enjoyed your day and that it was relaxing and someone remembered to spoil you a bit and show their love. We here in bloglovinland love you too and wish you the best. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated birthday, Doreen. Lovely flowers and the pinkeep from Sue is very special!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet post! Made me smile! Happy, Happy Birthday!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for your birthday wish...and happy belated birthday...sounds like it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. belated birthday greetings Doreen, glad you had a day full of special moments

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday Doreen. So happy that you had a special day. Wishing you a year filled with all that is happy and good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday a bit belated :) Love that little bluebird!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sounds like you had a special day with special people! Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A late Happy Birthday. The little wool piece sweet as can be with the bird and basket. I like!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Belated Birthday! such a sweet gift.

    ReplyDelete