Tuesday, February 18, 2014

progress on my first wool applique' project

Sunday evening was Sit-n-sew with the wonderful girls from Kelly Ann's quilt shop. I brought my wool supplies with me and finally began the prep work for my small Garden Walk quilt.

Using a chalk pencil, I marked out the placement grid for the Apple Core center section. Then I made a plastic Apple Core template.
These apple cores measure 1-1/4" x 2-3/4".
Next came the fun part - choosing my wool pieces and cutting them out.

After auditioning the placement of my pieces, I chose a dark brown ball of valdani perle cotton and began blanket stitching thru the center section. Although I didn't get far with the stitching, I made good progress over all with all the prep work.

This will be my evening stitching project this week.
If I get all of the Apple Cores stitched down I will be very pleased.
Wishing you all a Happy and Creative week!

every quilt tells a story...

19 comments:

  1. So cute. Would lo e to do wool applique but the wool makes me itch too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet!! Such tiny detail. Love the hanger too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how that is looking Doreen, although the thought of working with wool at the moment is giving me a hot flush, it's too hot here in Australia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to love it and what a great choice of projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh..I love the project and you are making really good progress. I have not used wool yet but I hope to make a quilt from old wool skirts that I have been collecting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a fantastic new project.
    I'm looking forward to see more of this project.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely wool project ! I warn you wool applique is addictive ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this little wool quilt - great colour choices! The apple cores look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This little wool project is just darling!! It will be fun to see the finish!!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your first wool appliqué is going to be super cute. The wool pieces you chose are sweet together. Have fun stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the apple core layout and wonderful colors. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your wool project.Can´t wait to see it finished!
    I haven´t done an apple core pattern.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great looking wool project... love the wools you have selected. I hear wool can be as addicting as hexies... watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are doing great on this new project. I picked up some wool pennies recently. They will be my first attempt at wool also.

    Yours is looking good :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh, such a sweet little quilt. I actually saw someone else make that quilt last year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so pretty, I'm sure you will enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...