Friday, December 6, 2013

Miniature - Thimble Quilt top completed

Here is my newest little miniature - ready to quilt and frame.
I used assorted brown 1800's reproduction fabrics against natural cotton muslin. Made from 80 pieces of fabric, this little quilt will measure 6" once framed.

I know it's not a Christmas related quilt - but the inspiration DID come from one.....

Below are pictures of a scrappy Christmas Tumbler quilt that I created recently as a pre-cut quilt kit for Kelly Ann's quilt shop.
(the quilt is draped over a cutting station)

For Scale - and really just for fun... Kelly Ann held my little Thimble quilt up against the Tumbler quilt.
(the tumbler blocks each measure 6" in size)

It's been over a year since I've made my last miniature.
It was such a treat to work on something this small scale again.

every quilt tells a story....

20 comments:

  1. Love your quilts and the miniature one is just stunning.Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, that on tumbler quilt really is miniature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a small little tumbler quilt ! Love the fabric you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a very small quilt and so cute.

    Have a nice weekend, Manuela.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little piece, did you paper piece it ? Is it sewn by hand or machine?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The miniature tumbler block quilt is amazing! I could not imagine working on something so tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so like your miniature thimble quilt. I like seeing it up against a full size. Really gives you a picture of scale that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So small! And so pretty! Great picture against the larger blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooohhhhh!!!!!! Que pequeño!!!!!
    Me encanta.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa! That is really small. I love it. Glad you gave us some perspective on it. Now we can really appreciate how miniature it is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! So very, very cute! Love mini's... and this is truly a mini!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your miniature thimble quilt and it was really great to see it up against a full size, it sure is small. You must have hand sewn it, all those tiny pieces. It is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Be still my heart! You know how I adore miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute!!! You really can't tell how small it is in the first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the miniature quilt! It made me want to start one like it right away......but I resisted as I'm working on Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt right now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Doreen...how tiny! I'm a big fan of miniature quilts. Your little quilt is darling. I hope to make a few of the pine cone ornaments next week.
    Have a happy week!
    Big hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your miniature tumbler quilt is delightful. Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  18. your tumbler is wonderful - love it up against the larger one you made. Does anyone have any idea what size the thimbles/tumblers are in the red//white quilt Super Goof made? thanks for any info, Mary Lou in Arizona

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...