Friday, September 6, 2013

Sneak preview of what I've been working on

Here is a peek at what I've been working on the past few weeks. The quilt is called Hampton Ridge by Paula Barnes of Red Crinoline Quilts and I really love it! It's a new Block of the Month program that quilt shops will be offering up this Fall.

The quilt offers 41 unique quilt blocks surrounded by a unified block border that ties them all together beautifully.
Nearly all of the half square triangles in this quilt are easy paper pieced and I'm happy to say the papers were included with the kit!
I love the fabrics in this quilt - the reds, blues and golds are more vibrant and the background is a pretty cream floral print.
Here is a stack of blocks ready for sashing.

And another one....

OK, one last peek at a few more blocks up on my design wall.

I will share a picture of the finished quilt top once it's completed. (hopefully very soon).
This is going to hang up as a shop sample at Kelly Ann's quilt shop. Customers will be able to come in and see the quilt before the program begins in early November.

If you love sampler quilts and reproduction fabrics - be sure to ask your local shop about this block of the month program. If you don't have local quilt shop Kelly Ann has a limited number of kits available for mail order. You can inquire and sign up HERE.

Wishing you all a wonderful start to September!

every quilt tells a story...

27 comments:

  1. Your blocks look exquisitely pieced! It's a beautiful quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous!!! This one is tempting, but I've made three bed sized samplers in the past year, so am ready to do something else. But, I am looking forward to seeing the finish!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks and the quilt are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my this is beautiful....Love it....Love reproduction fabrics....Thanks for sharing....Freda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks looks so fantastic.
    It's a wonderful BOM.

    Have a nice weekend, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful.
    Looks so fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and I have very similar tastes I'm thinking. I ordered this BOM last month. Up to block 27 with my Sarah's revival.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tempting if I had time...I'm liking lots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It will be a beautiful BOM! I like sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paula Barnes does phenomenal patterns and fabrics. How fun to be making the store sample. You're ahead of everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love it! Samplers are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Very pretty. Can't wait to see the finished top.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just gorgeous blocks ! Looking forward to seeing this quilt when you finish it . What a great idea on the paper piecing and paper included in the kit

    ReplyDelete
  14. The blocks are stunning. I'll bet you're having lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome blocks.Have a fun sewing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all those blocks!!! It is going to be a beautiful quilt!!! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am going to have to retire. You are just pumping out the most beautiful things. This quilt looks great; and I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful job on your blocks!! There was quite a bit of buzz at Quilt Expo in Madison this week and have been seeing many references around the net lately. Looks to be a major BOM!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohh my, you really do make beautiful blocks. This quilt will be absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my!!! This is just beautiful! The fabrics, the block designs, the colors... everything! This should be a very successful BOM for the quilt shop!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like how the same design surrounds each block and unifies everything.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Me gusta muchisimo. Es precioso.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW Doreen,beautiful! Love everything about these blocks.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  24. Forex Affaris.. Latest Currency news updates, latest forex trading business updates, trading updates, forex trading latest news, forex brokers directory, forex brokers list, Dollars news affairs, Stock Markets, stock market news, stock market analysis, technology news, international forex markets, international forex business news and all updates about Forex Trading
    ForexAffairs.Com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...