Tuesday, September 17, 2013

An August Finish - something for Fall

I'm a little slow in posting this - but here is one of my quilt finishes for August. The quilt is called Zip or Zag.
It measures 60" square and is made from just 6 fat quarters, a background fabric and a seasonal border print.

Many of you may recall the free Sew Along I held in May with a somewhat similar pattern. I wrote the instructions for this one first but chose to do it in a Fall fabric line. That's why I opted to choose the more summery Summer Breeze pattern for our Sew Along. (that pattern is now called Box Kites)

Do you know Mary of Quilt Hollow?
Just look at the wonderful pumpkin and leaf design she quilted all over my top. She picked the perfect pattern and I'm so pleased how it turned out!

Here is my quilt on display at Kelly Ann's Quilting.
I'm excited that she has chosen to feature my quilt for one of her Fall quilt Kits. This is my very first quilt shop feature!

Autumn is my very favorite season and I'm looking forward to it's arrival in just a few weeks!
I'd love to see and/or hear about what seasonal project you are working on. If you'd like to share - please post a picture link below.

every quilt tells a story.....

20 comments:

  1. Your quilt is beautiful! Love the fabrics and the zig zags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly a gorgeous FAll quilt!! I like how the shop displayed it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your finish and for being featured in a quilt shop! It's a beautiful quilt and I'm sure you're thrilled to see it hanging in the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your quilt is gorgeous. I do know Mary and she lives one town over from me. I have had several of my quilts done by her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous quilt & I just love the pumpkins & leaves that Mary quilted for you ! How exciting for you to be featured in this quilt shop !

    CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hard to believe that your quilt uses only 6 fat quarters! It looks just great in the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your first Quilt Shop Feature Doreen! I'm sure there are many more in your future.

    Your Zip or Zag Autumn quilt is very pretty and I always love seeing Mary's quilting. She is so creative in her quilting designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting for you!!! Your quilt is just wonderful and very deserving of the honour. I love Fall and Spring the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so can't wait until fall at least here. I saw one leaf fall today....grin. Your quilt is lovely and the quilting is so fun..pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on having a featured quilt hanging in the quilt shop!! Love this pattern--only 6 fat quarters?? I do believe fall is on it's way---my dog and I walked tonight & it was a little cooler than normal. Happy Fall

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is beautiful. You and Mary did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt looks fantastic.
    Wonderful quilting.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilt is absolutly wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colors and design of your quilt. The quilting design further enhances its beauty. How neat to have it displayed in a Quilt Shop. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! You're a quilt shop kit!!! How exciting! It's a darling quilt... a perfect seasonal project! Mary's quilting adds so much to the festive design. Will we see a Christmas version of this pattern???

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice quilt, Reen! I would feel important having a quilt in a shop. Maybe someday I'll grow up and make it there. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Entertainment for Fun... Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and Much More Fun Only on 1 Current Affairs Network
    hotcurrentaffairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This zigzag quilt really speaks of Fall, my favorite time of year. I see one in my future -- way way out into the future considering what I have on my to do list right now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is GORgeous---I want one just like it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I also wanted to ask what size you 'blocks' are. I love how you did the one with the layer cake. Did you use the same principle with the fat quarters? I may have to go start this SOON. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...