Thursday, August 15, 2013

Quilter's Take the Bus - a Fun day on the Road

Last week was our exciting bus trip to the Virginia Quilt Museum.
Everyone had a great time - including BOB our wonderful driver!

The trip was sponsored by Kelly Ann, the friendly, fun and talented owner of Kelly Ann's Quilting here in Warrenton.

Kelly Ann provided us all with breakfast, lunch, a private museum tour, a tote bag filled with goodies and a trip to a neighboring quilt shop. As "hostess" on the bus, I provided a no-sew ornament demonstration and my DIL got to host a Quilter's Bingo game and raffle drawing.

Fairly new to northern VA, I was really looking forward to this day and the chance to meet other quilter's in my area.
All of the ladies on the bus were so sweet, talented and friendly. They made my DIL and I feel very welcome.

Here we are at the VA Quilt Museum - the 3 ladies around the sign work at Kelly Ann's Quilt shop. Like Kelly Ann - they are totally FUN to be with!

Here we are all together for a group picture

The featured exhibit was themed around Early pieced hexagon quilts. Meegan Carr, the Museum director shared a lot very interesting details with us about the history of each of the quilts and/or the families they belonged to. There were 2 amazing and NEW hexagon quilts in the exhibit as well. Meegan and my DIL are standing in front of a quilt called "I must be Hexed".

At the end of the day, I felt as though I made a lot of new friends!

I'm thrilled to have such a fun and exciting quilt shop in town and I look forward to the next bus trip scheduled for November.
It's a 2 day chauffeured quilt shop hop thru northern VA and Maryland during Quilter's Quest.

Have you visited a museum or cultural center in your area lately?

9 comments:

  1. Oh How Fun ! Looks like everyone had a amazing time . Of course they did you... you were the hostess and your DIL hosted the Quilters Bingo ;-)

    So nice for you to meet such wonderful quilters and to find such a Wonderful quilt shop in your area.

    Looking forward to hearing about your next trip in November !

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! The shop hop will start in my neck of the woods in Sept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of fun. We do not have a dedicated quilt museum in our area but I would love to take a trip to northern VA and visit one ;)

    It's nice you have a friendly LQS that organizes such fun events like this. I'll be watching for your post after the November trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How absolutely fun, fun, fun!!!! I'm so glad that you had a great time and made some wonderful friends!! No I haven't been to a quilt museum in my area - I just stay at home and do my visits in blog land!! LOL!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture with all of you lined up next to the bus! Road trips are the best... especially when you can play bingo, and win a raffle! Everyone looks so happy... obviously a good time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great day for you!!! When I read those stories I would like it to live in the USA to have the chance to participate too.
    Have a nice week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun day you must have had - best way for quilters to travel - a comfortable motor coach. The museum looks lovely - hexie heaven!
    Our quilt history study group takes trips too - Cedarburg is the home of the Wisconsin Quilt Museum appropriately housed in a beautiful restored barn with state of the art environment control fir textiles. In a few weeks we head to Madison for Nancy Zieman's Quilt Expo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that looks like a fun day. What city is the museum in? My son lives in Arlington and wondered if it was nearby.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...