Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Final Week of Sew Along - Hexagon Table Runner

This week we are sewing all of our "Hexagon Squares" together to make a table runner. (or table square)
First we need to discuss the layout of your blocks - if you are sewing the:
16" x 36" runner you will arrange your blocks 4 across by 8 down.
27" x 28" square arrange the blocks 6 across by 7 down.

Now you are ready to begin sewing. First sew all of your blocks across in pairs using a 1/4" seam allowance and paying attention to your block order. TIP : I press the seams of rows 1,3,5 and 7 to the LEFT and rows 2,4,6 and 8 to the RIGHT.

Now sew all of your pairs into rows of 4.
(or 6 if making the table square)

Once you've completed all of your rows, sew them together in pairs.

If you are making the Runner you should now have 4 sections.
(table square = 3 sections + 1 row)

Sew all of your sections together to finish your Table Runner (or table square)
Here is my finished Table Runner top on my design wall.
I'll share a picture of it quilted and bound in the near future.

If you are making this table runner please share a picture of your progress and finished top in the link below so that we may stop by and visit you.

every quilt tells a story...

8 comments:

  1. I really like yours. thanks for sharing all your instructions and tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed the tutorial. I've saved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that method, it looks really great. I would like to make one some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations,looks fabulous and thanks for sharing your tips.I enjoyed the tutorial and hope ton do one.

    Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With a late start and not keeping up I missed out on Linky. It's been a crazy month and September looks to be the same with a quilt show coming up. I am going to finish! Thank you Doreen. Your tutorials are very much appreciated :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love a close up view of your Dear Jane... wondering how to quilt it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I will use my bright colors for this one. Thank you for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...