Thursday, July 18, 2013

Revisiting Sarah - some hand applique'

I decided to bring some handwork along on my vacation this week. When hubby informed me there would be "carry on" luggage only, I knew I had to do a litte prep work in advance.
I wasn't willing to have my applique' scissors confiscated so I pre-marked,cut and basted my block at home before leaving.

This block has narrow fern-like petals/leaves with lots of inside and outside curves to it. I've slowly worked my way around the block using needle turn applique'. As you can see in the picture below, I'm making good progress - just one small section and the center to turn before this block is completed.

I gathered the block up in my left hand while working, so the block is very wrinkled right now. Later this weekend when I return home I will give it a good pressing, square it up with my rotary cutter and post a picture of the finished block.

Whenever I see this block in my quilt - I will forever be reminded of Texas and Longhorns.
every quilt tells a story....

11 comments:

  1. I will always have some admiration for handwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Texas. Hope you enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yowser.....lots of innies and outies. Kind of reminds me of a couple of the Beyond the Cherry Tree blocks. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your applique is always PERFECTION !!! Just Gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so true...every quilt does tell a story! This design is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good thinking. those are some deep valleys on that block which you have appliqued so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The block looks fantastic.
    Enjoy your Trip.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  8. The block looks so pretty, and it is so true, every quilt tells a story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A good choice of block for traveling. You would only need one spool of thread, needle, and scissors. We generally travel by car any more and I tend to load way more in than I could do in a month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work as usual!! Great idea for your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there! Wow, 30 years is already a legacy! Kudos to you! I would really want to view all your works. If you have extra time, hope you could post it on your site. Anyway, I definitely love your designs and I can’t wait to see the finished project. Thanks a whole bunch for sharing!


    Split-Site PhD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...