Monday, July 22, 2013

How I recycled quilt blocks neary a decade ago

Most of the quilt blocks that I re-purposed in the pictures of this post were made in 2001 or 2002. The English paper pieced blocks (hexagon star and hexie flower) I made back in 1998 the year I learned how to EPP.

About 8 or 9 years ago I decided to get creative with these old blocks and quilt fabrics. This is just a sampling of projects I came up with. As you can see tiny dolls and totes were a re-occurring theme. lol

Soon afterwards I became obsessed with creating miniature quilts and small scale quilt blocks.
My projects, like my sewing and quilting skills have continued to evolved over the years.
I look forward to looking back in another decade at how I've re-purposed my current blocks and fabrics.

every quilt tells a story....

13 comments:

  1. Very clever and very, very cute!! You are just a wealth of inspiration!!

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for using orphan blocks and sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tea stained and soft sculpture, that brings back memories :0) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such great ideas... thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful ! Such a great way to you orphan blocks

    I noticed you added a picture of your Autumn Harvest on your blog. Love that quilt :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous results - great idea with the blocks and what a wonderful use of them. Very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute "how to" ideas, Doreen! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww...they're all completely adorable...I've made my share of little dolls and stuffed critters too, so this is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love them all. Your dolls are so cute.
    Lovely and again lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my!! What a delightful collection of small projects!!! I just love all of them!!!!
    These are really an inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The projects are gorgeous, how creative of you!
    I love the wee Annie dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a nice idea. the little dolls are so cute too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...