Monday, May 6, 2013

Swirly Girls Trunk Show and Book Signing event

This past Saturday I attended a trunk show at Kelly Ann's Quilt shop in Warrenton, VA. The show and preview was presented by Susan & Christine - the amazing talent behind Swirly Girls design company. Most of the quilts on display were from their brand new book titled SEW SWEET. (you can click on pictures to enlarge them)

What I love about their patterns are that they work well with ANY fabric theme. And YES these girls also have their own fabric lines. So whether you prefer making classic or contemporary quilts you'll find their designs appealing.

Here is a quilt pattern from their new book called Chain Reaction.

And here is a softer palette version in baby size:

I think this pattern would look fabulous made up in holiday prints or batiks too. Their books - like their patterns are very well illustrated. As I work quilts from the book I'll be sure to share my finishes here.

I just had to pick up this pattern called Insider Trading and the circle ruler they designed to make it simple to assemble:

I already have a quilt in mind for this pattern....a future show & tell. For more of their creative designs, check out their website (linked to their name above) or your local quilt shop!

4 comments:

  1. Since I don't do circles, I will be looking forward to seeing this ruler in action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These patterns are just awesome and the fabrics line is luscious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Insider Trading - sounds interesting. Looking forward seeing how this ruler works. I will check out their website, Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the mention...lots of fun happens with the Swirly Girls are in town...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...