Monday, April 29, 2013

Scrap Basket Sunday project

I'm late in posting because my computer was hacked on Friday.
Actually a social network that I belong to was hacked and I was one of thousands of members that were victimized.
I'm trying to "adjust" to the functions of my laptop while I wait to learn the extent of damage/loss my computer has endured. (extremely frustrating)

Here is the 2nd star I made using the scraps from my Civil War Jane quilt.

I thought it would be fun to show you the blocks in my quilt that reference each of the print fabrics for the star blocks that I make.

The block in my Jane quilt was B-12 Starflower.
I love this brown & red print fabric.
Hopefully I will have several of these stars completed for next Sunday.

every quilt tells a story....

13 comments:

  1. Great idea. How big are your diamonds for the star block? I need a new hand piecing project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fussy cutting for your stars. What a beautiful use of your scraps. I'm a "newbie" around here, and am looking forward to exploring more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your computer being hacked , SO frustrating :-(

    How fun to see your DJ block and then seeing the same fabric in your star :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love your stars!!! How fun to "match" them up for us!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful star - gorgeous fabric too - I can see why you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Curious as to what social networking site you were hacked through. What a pain!

    Beautiful blocks. You're always so precise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. good looking stars.
    sorry to hear about your computer. some people just need to get a life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fabrics you are using for your stars... fun fussy cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful star and wonderful fabric.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful stars.
    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about your computer issues, such a nuisance - hopefully this incident hasn't caused too many permanent problems.
    Gorgeous little hexie star blocks, nice fussy cutting too!! Your DJ, what I can see of it, looks fabulous, you must be pleased with your progress on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got a whole batch of stars hand pieced for a quilt top. All it needs is me joining the stars together. Love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...