Thursday, April 11, 2013

DELAYS...Delays...

I planned to show you my "Big Reveal" finished quilt top today or tomorrow. Unfortunately, a trip to the Emergency room on Tuesday evening set me off track with a different big reveal....a Kidney Stone!

Armed with a few potent medications; I've been sent home to hopefully pass this darn thing. I've been too miserable/uncomfortable to stand or even sit up straight for more than a few minutes at a time. So the plan to assemble my quilt top has been temporarily placed on hold.

Above is a picture that I took last weekend after sewing the final 7 blocks of my quilt. The very last block I made was Papa's Star, dedicated to my husband Todd - the proud, wonderful Papa of our 2 year old grandson.

And here is what these blocks look like on my virtual quilt wall.
(you can click on it for a bigger view)

And those final empty triangle spots??
Those blocks are done too. I was getting ready to upload them when my kidney attack happened. So for now they will remain blanks until I'm ready for my final reveal of my Dear Jane quilt!

Please send positive thoughts my way. If I don't pass this stone by tomorrow I will be back to the hospital on Saturday.

A positive note: I have my DIL here to help me and a laptop to keep me somewhat distracted thru this ordeal.
So although uncomfortable, I'm still very blessed!

every quilt tells a story...

21 comments:

  1. You poor thing! I had a kidney stone several years ago, so I can sympathize. Your quilt is gorgeous. I'm so proud of you. Miss all you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Get well soon! We all want to see Modern Jane finished, but more importantly, you feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! What an unpleasant interruption for you! Keep pushing the fluids... hope you can avoid another trip to the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! I have heard it said that the pain from kidney stones is about the worst pain you can have (worse for men) Hope it passes soon, drink lots. I am also out of action, I was pretending to run with our 3 yo GD and have torn a muscle in my calf... agony , but probably not as bad as your pain. What a lovely block to have finished with , a doozy to do with that tiny star in the middle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Doreen...I am so sorry!! Stones are never a pleasant thing...hubby has had them on a couple of occasions...but once they are gone, you feel like nothing ever happened. That is my wish for you...that it goes away quickly!! Sending prayers and big hugs to you for a speedy recovery.
    Your finishing squares are simply lovely! You must be over the moon that it is finally at the finishing stages...

    Lots of love and hugs,
    Nancy W.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear you laid up for a while. Hopefully, it won't be long!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alles Gute für Dich.

    Lieeb Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope that thing passes soon. What a pain, in more ways than one. Keep up your good spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo!!! :D :D :D All your blocks finished! Isn't that Papa's Star an interesting bugger to do up? Definitely the tiniest start I've ever put together on it's inside. That's a real bummer about the stone. So glad it wasn't something worse, and I really hope it resolves soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My wish to you friend...to get to feeling better real soon!
    Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh Doreen - I'm so sorry to hear that. Sending you lots of light and good thoughts. I will say a prayer for you.
    The blocks look great, beautiful Papa's star.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yuck! never had to deal with that but I have known others to tell me it is bad. I am praying it passes soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear about your hospital visit, hope your kidney stone passes soon and you are back to full health before long.
    Your last blocks look beautiful and as Sheila said Papa's Star was a great block to finish with,

    ReplyDelete
  14. No way - how frustratingly inconvenient! Take care of yourself and get through this quickly. Talk about life happening on the way to fun things like quilting....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the dedication block and I love that it's in the center section of the quilt! Of course, the whole quilt is beautiful but how wonderful to end it with a dedication.

    I hope you pass that stone soon! My husband has had them twice and they're not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you pass that darn kidney stone without too much trouble. The blocks are looking great and we are all anxiously awaiting your reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  17. God Bless...I have experienced a kindey stone 2 different times..It is absolutely the worst pain ever...I do hope you get ride of it without going back to the hospital...I absolutely love your blog and go to it daily..God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gute Besserung.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  19. This too shall pass... praying that it happens very soon! ;0) Will be thinking about you as we are traveling thru Texas about to reach our next destination Galveston and may not have internet for a bit. Wishing you well and that you have needle in hand very soon! Bear Hugs, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Eeeek! Sounds horrible - hope you get sorted out soon! Loving your blog and your quilting pictures. My favourite in the Jane quilt is fifth along from the left, top row, for obvious reasons. xCathy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I do hope you are much better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...