Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Dear Jane is off to be quilted

Last week I dropped my Dear Jane top off to be quilted! I brought it to Valerie Schlake, owner of VA Longarm home of A Needle Runs Thru It.

You can see Valerie in the picture above. (staring at the quilt for design inspiration) She and her team are amazing quilters and I have every confidence that I will love the finish work they do to my Modern Jane.

Here is a close up of one corner...I hope you can see the scallops I drew in the borders. (you can click on the picture to enlarge it) I'm very curious to see how Valerie quilts this border.

It feels wonderful to have this accomplishment behind me. I'm still working on my Civil War version and a special little 1930's spin-off of this quilt. Hopefully they will also be completed within a year.

every quilt tells a story...

20 comments:

  1. i am so excited for you, and can't wait to see how it is quilted

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an accomplishment, finishing a DJ and having over 1/2 of another one done at the same time, Can't wait to see what stitching she puts on it, and yes, those scallops are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, it is stunning! We would all like to see how she embellishes your fantastic accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...yea! I didn't know you finished, it turned out really good! That quilt would totally intimidate me to quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO happy for you ! This quilt is AMAZING ! I love the scallops , looking forward to seeing how she quilts this .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its going to be spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your DJ looks so amazing. And I`m looking forward to seeing the quilting.

    FANTASTIC work.

    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how I wish I could see it in person!! It's so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It`s SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL.Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It IS spectacular. I can't see the scallops, so I can wait to see it quilted, too. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look forward to seeing this beauty quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my...I can only imagine your level of excitement to see this quilt quilted! It's beautiful and the quilting is only going to enhance that. It sounds like you didn't share any of your own thoughts with her!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilt is spectacular! It is so much fun to look at it. This quilt is a show stopper for sure! I can't imagine quilting this one.....I'd be terrified!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, it is a big quilt. I didn't realize it was so big. I know you can't wait to have it done. Will you put it on a bed when done?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Doreen, It is GORGEOUS! What a work of art.
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a bright and pretty Dear Jane! I'd say this is an accomplishment of a lifetime!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How exciting to have a finished "Jane." WTG! Can't wait to see it all quilted and finished.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your quilt is a work of art:-) Can't wait to see the finish quilt. I bet it will be lovely :-):-):-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I so happy for you! Can't wait to see it after it's quilted. Your talent surely shines.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...