Sunday, March 31, 2013

An Easter weekend & Month End finish

I am very happy (and a bit relieved) that I have finished my Sarah's Revival applique' block that I started earlier this month. Just one block each month - that is the goal that I've set for myself for now. This is my evening handwork project. My applique' method of choice for these is Needle Turn Applique'.

As you can see, I have a long way to go before this quilt is finished. Unlike a few other projects of mine - this one really has no "true" time constraints. I really do love applique' work and for this project I'd prefer to embrace the "Joy of the Journey" without adding any personal pressure on myself.

Wishing you all a Blessed Easter and Happy Ending to the month of March!

10 comments:

  1. I just saw a finished quilt on Sue Garman's blog, fabulous quilt, you sure have a lot of work ahead of you, well worth the effort though, and I'm sure you will enjoy the journey with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be a ohhhh and ahhhh quilt! Look forward to seeing more!

    Blessings to you Doreen and your family.

    :)
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter. I know that block takes time and you want it to look good and it does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those first two blocks. I'm off to find the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful as always. We will all be watching your progress and cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always a treat to see what your are posting about. The red and white applique block is done well. You have a long ways to go....yes, but it is going to be a rewarding journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to be a AMAZING QUILT! Your applique is Perfection !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty :) You did such a nice job with it. Love the chart you're using - how did you set that up?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is going to be a beautiful quilt, and I'm sure you will enjoy the appliqué, it is so relaxing and perfect for evening handwork. I like your chart, did it come with the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blocks are gorgeous, I love doing those papercut ones. It's a good project to pick up in the evenings.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...