Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

A favorite mini-doll Quilt of Mine

I really do LOVE making miniature quilts and small scale blocks! This quilt is one of my absolute all time favorites. It's a 2 color Saffron & Cream quilt that measures 8" x 16". I designed/created it back in 2009 - titled Sarah's Choice.

I wanted this piece to look like something a quilter from the late 1790's to early 1800's would have pieced.

Each of the tiny half-square triangle blocks sewn into the inside and outside borders measure at just 1/4" square.

Taryn over at ReproQuiltLover is hostessing a wonderful blog link show on miniature quilts so I've decided to join in the fun. Please check out all the wonderful small quilts up for view at this online event!

Tomorrow, I will share one more of my favorite little quilts.

every quilt tells a story...

15 comments:

  1. Ahhh, so pretty! I have noticed that one on your side bar! Reminds me of a similar feathered star I made a few years ago. Love the yellow you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Love the cream and saffron... so soft! Will next visit Taryn's blog to link onto the mini quilt show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Will check out Taryn's blog. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This little yellow and white quilt is spectacular! You certainly did a good job as it all fits together perfectly. One quarter inch squares is way out of my league.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This little quilt is just wonderful. I love working in small scale too, but when it comes to bigger projects I keep leaning toward simple squares. I also love how little projects come together quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my favorite little quilts of yours. Of course, I like all of them in your doll quilt vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This quilt continues to amaze me!! I look at it every time I click on your blog!! And the little stars - oooo la la!!! I like small scale - but you are the master!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember when you made this little quilt ! It has always been my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful! I love that it's yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful little quilt. It really does look old & reminds me of a Sanderson Star.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see why it is a favorite. Love it and Miss Sue with her turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My heart skipped some beats on seeing your sweet little quilt - love the cream & that buttery yellow!

    Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HST at 1/4" finished?! Wowzers!

    It's a beautiful quilt and I think you captured what you wanted to very well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1/4 inch!???!! That's crazy small. I can't imagine. Maybe one day I will have to give this a try. Of course, when I look at ALL the quilts I have accummulated around here, that may sooner than later. Love your little quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is beautiful Doreen, no wonder your Dear Jane blocks are so good. I was looking at miniature quilts in our quilt show this weekend but our miniature size is different here, the quilt is only allowed to be 12" square which makes it very challenging indeed.

    ReplyDelete