Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

September Redwork

I love this time of year! The weather is much more comfortable and those non-stop weekend activities seem to slow down a bit. (at least it does in our house)

One of my favorite memories of September as a child was going to the Orchard and picking enough Apples to fill a basket. This is a tradition that I continued with my own son and now I'm looking forward to my grandson's very first trip to the Orchard later this month.

In addition to making Apple Pies - I LOVE to make my own fresh Apple Cider! YUMMM...!

Wishing you all a Happy & Productive September!

every quilt tells a story...

3 comments:

  1. Another darling stitchery block. Hmm, apple pie...I think I will make one to celebrate the cooler temps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmm is right! Apple butter too!

    Lover your stitchery block.

    Hugs, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here in Australia we are just coming into Spring, not long until all the new season fruit start coming onto the market, apricots, plums and the like. I can remember our whole family sitting around the kitchen table peeling, coring and slicing apples ready for making apple sauce, it was a monster job, I really think I would prefer to pick apples :)

    ReplyDelete