Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Autumn Strip Quilt

As promised earlier in the week - here is my finished quick & easy Autumn quilt. My son was sweet enough to hold it up on the front porch for me today so that I could take a picture of it. (we've been dodging raindrops off & on due to late summer storms)

This quilt was made using an autumn themed Jelly roll and 2.5" strips of a background fabric. The pattern is created using just 1 triangle cut repeated over and again. I'm teaching this class at Quilter's Corner on October 26th.

The finished quilt measures 55" x 66" rather than 49" x 60" as the pattern calls for - because I chose to make my outer border wider. Here are the fabrics I chose for my inner & outer borders:

And a close up of some of the center blocks:

What I loved about making this quilt is that it only took about 6 hours to make AND I have enough fabric left over from my strip sets to make either a smaller lap quilt or a large table runner. For those who may be interested, I found the pattern in a great book called Strip Smart Quilts.

I'm hopeful to have 2 more Autumn quilts to share here in October!

every quilt tells a story....

10 comments:

  1. Oh Doreen !

    I LOVE IT ! And that border fabric is to die for ! What a GORGEOUS FALL QUILT !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and I do love that print border. Makes all the colors come together. You are so ambitious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt, great fabrics! The class will be a great success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your strips match up so well when sewn to the block next to it. Looks so good. Love the fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't agree more with the above comments regarding your border fabrics... it all comes together. A six hour quilt... now that I really like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Autumn quilt! Your border fabric is perfect. I love quick quilts too.
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the quilt and the fabric you used. Certainly fits the fall season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jelly rolls are great for some of these quick quilts. I've quilted a few for my friend and I love them. Your border fabric is FAB-U-LOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how I missed this post!! But this quilt is gorgeous!! Love, love the rich fall colors!!! Oh my - I DON'T have time for another project - maybe I won't sleep!! LOL

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete