Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Block 1 of Sarah's Revival is done!

I can't believe I've gotten my first block of Sarah's Revival done and it's only August 2nd! I just couldn't help myself - I pulled this block out early and worked on it while watching the Olympics over the past 3-1/2 evenings.

I spent 10 hours working to complete this block.
That I've actually completed a block by hand this quickly is a feat of Olympic proportions for ME! lol
(below is the orginal quilt designed by Sue Garman)

I pulled my stitches a little too tightly while getting used to needle turning the red batik fabric. (which is much thinner than traditional cotton prints) Hopefully as I progress with these blocks - there will be great improvement.
There are enough blocks to give me PLENTY of practice!

Every quilt tells a story...

16 comments:

  1. Oh my god, this is so very nice. I´m so not into applique. I´m stuck with one JT2 block and it seems that it will nerer be finished...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! It looks fabulous. You know you will get better the more you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous is right, Doreen this is a "wow" applique block!!!

    :) Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness that is a gorgeous block and quilt! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done with this block!!! It look fabulous, you have now set yourself a precedent you know LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWSER!!!

    What a GORGEOUS block ! Beautiful job ! This quilt is going to be stunning !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your block is gorgeous, it look Hawaiian. Just think, every time you see that block, you will remember the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks terrific! :) I'm jealous that you're working on this project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! I find Batiks very hard to needle, so my hat is off to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! that block is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's just beautiful. I saw this quilt on another blog tonight, and I have to say it's very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful!! Your block is too perfect to believe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!!! I admired this pattern the first time I saw it. You are doing a wonderful job on it, I look forward to seeing this come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Another challenging project. What a beauty it will be.

    ReplyDelete