Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Autumn in August

I've never been a "Christmas in July" quilter. Something I've often regretted during the holiday season. But I've ALWAYS been an "Autumn in August" quilter. Fall is my very favorite season and I typically make several small Fall projects in August. This year will be no exception. So imagine how excited I was yesterday to receive my very first block kit (shown above)for this amazing quilt:

The pattern is called Baltimore Autumn designed by Pearl Pereira. I will be working on one block a month, along with fellow members of my sit-n-sew group.

I'll be sure to share updates on my block progress later this month - as well as a few small Fall finishes.

every quilt tells a story...

13 comments:

  1. That is an amazing quilt, love your "Autumn in August" theory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is AMAZING ! What a fun & exciting project for you to work on ! LOVE IT! Fall is also my favorite time of year and this quilt is perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a outstanding quilt. The colors and design really set it apart. Enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it!!! I'm definitely making a Baltimore Album style quilt some time soonish. Drooling over this one. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is going to be absolutely gorgeous!!! Looking forward to your progress! Fall, too, is my favorite time of year! So ready for cool weather!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous fall quilt you have selected to work on. Fall is my favorite season. The pattern looks like lots of work but a block a month should be very do-able.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! what a stunner. I look forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you don't do things easy, do you?!! That is ....stunning ....and look at all those little berries. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUMMY, Doreen. What a fun project for your group. Fall is my favorite season too, but I think we have shared that piece of info before...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning quilt!!! Knowing your work you will do this design so beautifully, I will watch with great interest as you progress through these blocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful project to be working on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reen,
    I have been admiring this quilt from pics in magazines. I LOVE this quilt! I would love to make it myself. I am like you I love Fall!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete